May 23, 2008
It is time

GZHYQoR.png

gDJc00E.jpg

ws012wd.jpg

20rpm93.png

sfox7076

Oct 3, 2011
He is a dumpster fire. Hard to imagine this ends well. Holden is worse than Girardi...

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
that read on the first goal...atrocious. the play where he tried to carry the puck out, turned it over, and it was a 2 (3?) on 1 against from the blueline in? atrociouser.

awful.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I think he'd be fine as the third LD. RD on the first pair, not so much.

Yeah. In a way, I feel bad for him. The thing Avs fans kept telling us when the trade first went down was he'd be fine in a limited role but you play him big minutes and you're going to see his flaws and you'll hate him. So what does AV do? First pairing minutes on his offside :facepalm:

I'd like to see how he performs on the 3rd pair before I completely destroy him. He's been brutal but he's being given minutes he's clearly not capable of handling and that to me is on the coach.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yeah. In a way, I feel bad for him. The thing Avs fans kept telling us when the trade first went down was he'd be fine in a limited role but you play him big minutes and you're going to see his flaws and you'll hate him. So what does AV do? First pairing minutes on his offside :facepalm:

I'd like to see how he performs on the 3rd pair before I completely destroy him. He's been brutal but he's being given minutes he's clearly not capable of handling and that to me is on the coach.

yep..finally fixes one problem by giving DG the right type and number of minutes...and then completely effs it up again by giving thos eminutes to holden.

also...clendening should be playing...i think Holden should sit right now...but whatever.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

you're right but still **** him.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
yep..finally fixes one problem by giving DG the right type and number of minutes...and then completely effs it up again by giving thos eminutes to holden.

also...clendening should be playing...i think Holden should sit right now...but whatever.

McDonagh - Klein
Staal - Clendening
Skjei - Girardi
Holden/McIlrath

Seem's fairly simple to me.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
It didn't take very long to find a fresh whipping boy.

This team has 5 RD including Holden playing his off side. It could easily be argued that, on their best day, each one of them is a 3rd pairing guy. SOMEBODY has to play 1st line minutes on the right side. The peanut gallery will complain no matter who it is. And around and around we go.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
It didn't take very long to find a fresh whipping boy.

This team has 5 RD including Holden playing his off side. It could easily be argued that, on their best day, each one of them is a 3rd pairing guy. SOMEBODY has to play 1st line minutes on the right side. The peanut gallery will complain no matter who it is. And around and around we go.

Give me a good reason why the top 4 D is not McD-Klein, Staal-Clendening. go head. I'll wait.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Give me a good reason why the top 4 D is not McD-Klein, Staal-Clendening. go head. I'll wait.

There is no good reason. Even if it were true (which I don't think it is) all the RD beyond Klein were 3rd pair quality, how in the world does it make any sense to play a LD who is also 3rd pair quality on the RD top pair?

I feel bad for Holden too, AV is out of his mind.

Is it really any wonder why this guy has not won a cup, he is a good coach but he makes these smaller, obvious terrible choices that always leave the team with larger problems than it needs to have.

Rangers had a good 4th line, let's ruin that with Glass, Paille, Stoll, Oh that did not work well? Let's fix that, with much resistance, then rejoice that it was not very hard to fix to begin with, and then let's mess up the D to make it worse than the roster allows for.

I know this roster is not the best thing here, but holly **** it's not that difficult to play what they have more optimally than they are. Same as it was not that difficult to fix the 4th line regardless of how difficult they made the process.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
How does McIlrath feel, seeing Holden stink it up on a daily basis knowing he will never replace him even though he is a better player. If he didn't protect his teamates then maybe AV would like him. Glad to see someone throw a hit or do anything after Pasternak hit Girardi. Is Pasternak even a physical player or do even non physical players feel they can have there way with the Charmin Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad