Nick Foligno Discussion

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
May legit end up as the shittiest "1st round pick" of all time, if it ends up #32 in this weak and unscoutable draft.

Odds are that. Was looking at Foligno's bio this morning and found it ironic that he was drafted with the #28 pick in 2006 (IIRC).

Reactions: The Cobra

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
To me depends on where Gally fits. If he sticks with the 1st line, then Foligno will be on the 2nd line with JT and WIllie, and Hyman be on HEM line. If Gally can't stick with the top line, Hyman will be on the 1st line and Foligno will be on the 3rd line. Or if Keefe is willing to try, have Hyman and Foligno in the top 6 and create a 3rd line of Gally-Kerfoot-Soup and see if that can be our version of HBK with Gally playing the Phil's role.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
To me depends on where Gally fits. If he sticks with the 1st line, then Foligno will be on the 2nd line with JT and WIllie, and Hyman be on HEM line. If Gally can't stick with the top line, Hyman will be on the 1st line and Foligno will be on the 3rd line. Or if Keefe is willing to try, have Hyman and Foligno in the top 6 and create a 3rd line of Gally-Kerfoot-Soup and see if that can be our version of HBK with Gally playing the Phil's role.

HBK? Heart Break Kids? Hyman Bozak Kessel?

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Hoping this is not another failed attempt by Dubas - lol we all know how that works out for us the Leafs fan

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
All of the acquisitions yesterday gives us PK’ing depth actually. Foligno plays both special teams obviously and will help both. Special teams might improve. We’ll see but i believe they will. Foligno will be a factor when we meet the heavy hitting teams like Ottawa who lead the league in that department. Everyone wonders why we have trouble with them ha. Best hitting team against the one of the least hitting teams. Spells turnovers to a negative every day

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The Leafs are in an enviable position of having three left wingers who can play up and down the lineup on any of the top three lines. Galchenyuk, Hyman and Foligno.

Seeing how Keefe has kept it fresh, rolled different lines and experimented with his lineup, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see each of these players play any of these lines on any given night and it would work effectively.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
With the talk of the team wanting Hyman to anchor his own line, I think you’ll see this, at least to start.

Galchenyuk-Matthews-Marner
Foligno-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Kerfoot/Engvall-Mikheyev
Simmonds-Kerfoot/Engvall-Spezza

Reactions: Havoc

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Galchenyuk - 34 - 16
Hyman - JT - Nylander
Foligno - Kerfoot - Mik
Simmonds - Nash/Engvall - Spezza

Press Box: Robertson, Thornton

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
With the talk of the team wanting Hyman to anchor his own line, I think you’ll see this, at least to start.

Galchenyuk-Matthews-Marner
Foligno-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Kerfoot/Engvall-Mikheyev
Simmonds-Kerfoot/Engvall-Spezza

I think that's what we see as well. We have a month to experiment, might as well make the most of it. It we don't like any of those looks we have arguably the best line in the league to fall back on, an enviable position.

Reactions: Pinto

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Leafs just got a tough swiss army knife, he's no Zach Hyman but Keefe will use him like he does Hyman, except he's bound to get some 3rd line center minutes as well; he'll play all situations, probably very little PP though.

Come playoff time, he'll be leader that hits everything that moves. He'll open up space for the stars, & hopefully he'll bring guys into battle with him (Engvall I'd hope). If need be, he'll drop the gloves with anyone; will become a fan favorite in no time.

Reactions: Optimist

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Solid !
Playoff war battled mentality and physicality with a terrific attitude and leadership qualities, exactly what we need with the makeup of our team and the ( fortunate) top heavy elite talent we have .
One of the best additions in a very long time , good age , and experience.
Here here, he was my hope out of the rumor list, nice to get a player who plays like a runaway freight train and can score, plays with heart, adds that leadership you spoke of to add to a few who finishes checks on our team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teeder Keon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad