Nick Foligno Discussion

Mentat

Sep 19, 2020
He's been invisible so far.

I´m starting to think he was a clear waste of a couple of picks.

On a more serious note, i´m expecting Keefe to put him on the 2nd line with JT/Willy and see how well that goes. If it works, that would allow us to move Hyman down to the 3rd line.
Galch, Foligno and Hyman can go up and down our top 3 lines, depending on matchups and how well they are playing at any given time. It´s a boon for the team and a healthy headache for Keefe.

Reactions: Lauro

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I think he'll take Chuckees spot and Chuckee will get bumped down to 3rd line. Engvall will be the odd man out and only get sporadic shifts.

Reactions: AvroArrow

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We need 3 strong lines if we want to go to the SC finals. As such, if Gally can keep it up playing with 34, then 71 can play with 91 and 88. 65, 15 and 11.

If 71 can't get 91 and 88 going, flip 88 and 65 or 11.

Reactions: Cobra777

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I think we see Foligno slotted on the second line with Tavares and Nylander. That spot always seems to be given to new comers (Vesey, Galchenyuk and now probably Foligno). I’m excited to see what that line can do.

Hyman will probably play with Kerfoot and Mikheyev and be rotated with Galchenyuk from the 1st line when needed.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He can be a good complement to a scoring line or a key element of a checking line. Either way he should work.

He's super solid either way....but if he sees an offensive bump coming from CBJ TO TOR than he can become a big time impact player.

For now though I'll just expect the good defense and not expect the offense.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
He can be a good complement to a scoring line or a key element of a checking line. Either way he should work.

He's super solid either way....but if he sees an offensive bump coming from CBJ TO TOR than he can become a big time impact player.

For now though I'll just expect the good defense and not expect the offense.
Solid !
Playoff war battled mentality and physicality with a terrific attitude and leadership qualities, exactly what we need with the makeup of our team and the ( fortunate) top heavy elite talent we have .
One of the best additions in a very long time , good age , and experience.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
CBJ fan here to give you guys a little insight on what you are getting.

What you are getting in Nick Foligno is not just a good hockey player, but one of the best human beings on the planet. I would imagine he'll fit in great in the locker room and on any line/role you want to put him. He won't fill up the stat sheet, but mark my words, he will make a huge impact for you in the playoffs. He doesn't score goals when you are ahead 4-0, he scores goals when it's late and you need one desperately. He's also the guy you want on the ice when you're up one goal with a minute left and an empty net at the other end. He's not a guy who fights because he has a quick temper, but he'll be the first guy in the scrum when a teammate gets a cheap shot or you need a momentum lift. With his words and his play, he will pick your team up and drag them into the fight. After all he's done for our city and franchise, I hope he gets a chance to raise the Cup.

You'll have a lot of people in Columbus rooting for the Leafs this Spring. Take care of our boy and go win the damn Cup!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Foligno in the lineup is going to be fun to watch in think. Don’t have a clue how it’s going to look in terms of quality he brings to the lineup.
The perfect player to put on a line that Nylander is centering. Yeah, i think Nylander should be our third line center with two wingers along the Foligno playing style.
Foligno/Nylander/Nash would be a interesting look. Willy could fly around carrying the puck more and have two clever defensively sound,responsible wingers.
Foligno can play anywhere in the first three lines if willy was converted to center. Otherwise top 6 all the way and PK and powerplay

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Lots of good options.

I wouldn't even mind seeing this:

Galchenyuk-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Tavares-Hyman
Foligno-Kerfoot-Nylander

Boudreau thinks Leafs should load up their top 2 lines because with Foloigno they should be able to produce close to the top line and play them 18-23 minutes each. Does not think Gally is a top 6 forward.

11 34 16
71 91 88
12 15 65
97/24 20 24/19

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I´m starting to think he was a clear waste of a couple of picks.

On a more serious note, i´m expecting Keefe to put him on the 2nd line with JT/Willy and see how well that goes. If it works, that would allow us to move Hyman down to the 3rd line.
Galch, Foligno and Hyman can go up and down our top 3 lines, depending on matchups and how well they are playing at any given time. It´s a boon for the team and a healthy headache for Keefe.
On TSN yesterday, Ray said he thinks Keefe will try him with the big boys immediately to see if he can fit.
Then go from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->