Prospect Info: Nicholas Baptiste (2013, 69th) – '17-18: Rochester #13 (AHL)

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Probably had the talent to stick this year but too many vets and cap issues I think someone mentioned.

I'd like to see Baptiste on a line with Eichel and Okposo, dunno how realistic that is though.

Baptiste just had a 4 goal game (technically)...he looked great meanwhile Nylander looked like the worst player on the ice IMO.

He did, practically invisible in that game.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
3 apples last night. 21 points in 24 games so far. Huge improvement from his rookie season, where he picked up 28 in 62.

Maybe he has top six potential? Definitely has wheels to burn, and he's showing great improvement in terms of numbers. Actually thought he looked pretty good while he was up here.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
3 apples last night. 21 points in 24 games so far. Huge improvement from his rookie season, where he picked up 28 in 62.

Maybe he has top six potential? Definitely has wheels to burn, and he's showing great improvement in terms of numbers. Actually thought he looked pretty good while he was up here.

We don't need him, we have Grant. :handclap:

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Baptiste has what we NEED. SPEED. He also has knack for finding the back of the net.

He's proven himself this year as well. 15 goals and 22 points in 25 games. I'd like him to get some more NHL experience after the deadline when guys are sold to get him ready for next year.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I really liked Baptiste in junior, and he looked good for Rochester in the two games I have seen him playing the Marlies the past two seasons. I think he will be a good middle six winger for you guys eventually.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Little bump from a Habs fan here. I'm just wondering if you think Baptiste will be full time in the AHL next year or not?

My uncle was his hockey coach in high school and I was wondering if there was a pretty good chance he would be in the AHL when Laval receives Rochester December 22 and 23 so I could offer him tickets to watch him.

Thanks in advance.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Little bump from a Habs fan here. I'm just wondering if you think Baptiste will be full time in the AHL next year or not?

My uncle was his hockey coach in high school and I was wondering if there was a pretty good chance he would be in the AHL when Laval receives Rochester December 22 and 23 so I could offer him tickets to watch him.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on if he makes the team or not. He's my first man up. He played well when on the Sabres last year. So it's unknown. He could spend 0 days in Rochester if he's very good in camp and plays well throughout the season. Could spend most of year there.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He deserves a roster spot over bailey, fasching, nylander imo and obviously over deslauriers but a lot remains to be seen...

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Botterill wants to let guys develop in the minors so he will probably still be in the AHL but he could be a great fit on Eichel's wing with his speed and tenacity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad