Recalled/Assigned: Nic Petan assigned to the Moose (AHL)

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Best thing for him and his development. Looking foward to seeing improvements in his game over the next few weeks. Knows DeLeo's game, hope the line up together.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Good God. Petan was sent down because he was doing jack **** not because of his linemates. Come on now.

Happy that Nic will get serious minutes and a chance to get his mojo back. He is a top 6 forward not a bottom 6 forward. There is no room for him this year in that role. It's not his linemates it's his damned usage.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Petan was sent down because he is just not good enough to be on this team right now.We are in need of some skilled players with some veteran skill right now.He will get a lot more playing time down there.Thats done and over with let's talk about who we could get to help us get into the playoffs.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Good God. Petan was sent down because he was doing jack **** not because of his linemates. Come on now.

Happy that Nic will get serious minutes and a chance to get his mojo back. He is a top 6 forward not a bottom 6 forward. There is no room for him this year in that role. It's not his linemates it's his damned usage.

Yup. Best all around for the kid to move down a level and play. He will get his opportunities. On the plus side for the kid he got a taste of what he needs to do at the NHL level. A 1/4 season of an NHL salary ain't bad either.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Draisatl saw the NHL, was too raw, was sent to the AHL (or junior? can't remember), came back and is now dominating.

Sometimes seeing where the bar is gives you inspiration to get up to it.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have been a big proponent of Petan being used in a skilled role on PP and supporting scoring player from... lets say the 3rd line up on the Jets.

Burying him on the 4th line with 7 minutes of ice time a game wasn't what I had in mind for him. He is better off developing his game in the AHL getting big minutes in all situations. He does need more physical maturity as well - time will help.

My season tickets with the Moose just got more interesting.

Looking forward to seeing Petan, Armia and Raffl light it up on the PP.

Yah baby !!! Yah !!!!

tumblr_lb83rsQBkG1qeue3vo1_250.gif

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Fine with this, not fine with Peluso and Thor as full time Jets. Mis-judging the readiness of youth was the clear error of the off-season.

2 out of 3 aint bad. Seems to me they only misjudged on Petan. I still have questions if that would have been the case if he was given a better opportunity for success.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
2 out of 3 aint bad. Seems to me they only misjudged on Petan. I still have questions if that would have been the case if he was given a better opportunity for success.

Petan, Armia, Lemieux, Lipon. Any and all.

I am sure the expectation was that somebody would fill these spots and create a roster that didn't require 3rd line Thor AND Peluso. If not, well... that's a mistake too.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Feel bad for him, but it's for the better. Insanely creative/skilled player but that is not going to come through on a grinding line which he is absolutely not suited for.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I am sure the expectation was that somebody would fill these spots and create a roster that didn't require 3rd line Thor AND Peluso. If not, well... that's a mistake too.

...add Raffl to the list.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
This is better for Nic all around. This will benefit the Jets in the medium and long term too. They will get a more ready fwd next time around.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Draisatl saw the NHL, was too raw, was sent to the AHL (or junior? can't remember), came back and is now dominating.

Sometimes seeing where the bar is gives you inspiration to get up to it.

He was sent back to junior last year and began the year with bakersfield. He wasn't exactly tearing up the AHL. 6GP 1G 1A 2PTS. Then 14 pts in 9 NHL games since the recall.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I think by the end of the season we will see the rooks starting to play more prominent roles. We all knew this would be the case this season. IIRC you were very high on Petan in Preseason even having him ahead of Ehlers as I recall. I share that view of his potential. 20-40 games in the A, and we might see that potential on his return back.

Armia, Lipon and Lemieux all went either to the A or back to junior. Wasn't that where you expected them to play? Now that it looks like Lipon and Armia are finding their game we might see them at some point.

BTW Peluso is 3rd 5-5 points/60 at 2.07 and Thorburn is 10th at 1.21 :sarcasm:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He was sent back to junior last year and began the year with bakersfield. He wasn't exactly tearing up the AHL. 6GP 1G 1A 2PTS. Then 14 pts in 9 NHL games since the recall.

Funny how playing with other really good players improves a player's productivity at any level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad