Recalled/Assigned: Nic Petan assigned to the Moose (AHL)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That's not what people dislike about our 4th line. If it is big and physical but good enough to play 8-10 min/gm that's fine. When it is big and physical and getting 4-5-6 min/gm and spending all of that time hemmed in their own end is when people are unhappy with it.

That is fair but guess what? Our 4th line NEVER gets more than that. When it does it's an aberration.

That isn't on Peluso, or Thorburn (who gets more minutes) or Petan or Copp.

That is coaching. I know people say 'well if we had better players on the 4th line...'

That may be true but we have had better players on the line and still no minutes. If anyone things we are going to have a 4th line made purely of rookies that is going to play 10+ minutes with Maurice coaching you are dreaming.

I would however like to see Lipon get a shot.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That is fair but guess what? Our 4th line NEVER gets more than that. When it does it's an aberration.

That isn't on Peluso, or Thorburn (who gets more minutes) or Petan or Copp.

That is coaching. I know people say 'well if we had better players on the 4th line...'

That may be true but we have had better players on the line and still no minutes. If anyone things we are going to have a 4th line made purely of rookies that is going to play 10+ minutes with Maurice coaching you are dreaming.

I would however like to see Lipon get a shot.

4th line was getting 8 min/gm to start the season. Peluso slotted in (against Blues?). They got 5. Petan back in they got 8. Peluso 5. That eventually ended. I haven't looked at the times the last couple of games.

I never mentioned a line of any number of rookies. Someone said Mau wanted big & physical but only for 5 minutes. It isn't the big and physical that leads to the 5 minute limit. It is being hemmed into our own end regardless of size.

I agree. Lipon looked good in TC and has been good with the Moose. Having sent Petan down I think it is time Lipon got a look.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I agree. Lipon looked good in TC and has been good with the Moose. Having sent Petan down I think it is time Lipon got a look.
Lipon is same as Cormier. No hands, no vision and worthless in o-zone. Just mindless bouncing all over the ice. Mo kind of guy.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
4th line was getting 8 min/gm to start the season. Peluso slotted in (against Blues?). They got 5. Petan back in they got 8. Peluso 5. That eventually ended. I haven't looked at the times the last couple of games.

I never mentioned a line of any number of rookies. Someone said Mau wanted big & physical but only for 5 minutes. It isn't the big and physical that leads to the 5 minute limit. It is being hemmed into our own end regardless of size.

Yeah I wouldn't consider about 4 games a good sample size.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
That is not nearly enough considering how well that line played.

Yeah I don't see why they didn't. Strange.... I thought they were good and produced a goal.

By the way the true worst forward in the NHL was dressed last night and it wasn't Anthony Peluso (hello Mr. Scott)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeah I don't see why they didn't. Strange.... I thought they were good and produced a goal.

By the way the true worst forward in the NHL was dressed last night and it wasn't Anthony Peluso (hello Mr. Scott)

Haha thank you. I can think of a few others who are clearly worse than AP too, especially with how Antny has played since drew back in.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Thought he was out of league. John Scott, Luke Gazdic, Anthony Peluso would have an epic battle for worst forward. Kinda know how they would handle that battle as well (hint it wouldn't be hockey).

But yes John Scott is certainly worse than Peluso. Can't believe those morons brought him back up.

Last edited:

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I'm happy for Petan to get his shot at playing in a top 6 role. Just a matter of time before he gets called back up.

And speaking of prospects, I guess I was a little high on Kosmo then others, but it seems like he has been banned to the island of misfit toys on this board.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
...and still a PPG player.

Edit: announcer mistook De Leo for Petan. I guess the #19 stuck as Petan's number, not De Leo's.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Thought he was out of league. John Scott, Luke Gazdic, Anthony Peluso would have an epic battle for worst forward. Kinda know how they would handle that battle as well (hint it wouldn't be hockey).

But yes John Scott is certainly worse than Peluso. Can't believe those morons brought him back up.

Maybe that's Maurice's master plan. Keep playing Peluso to get other teams to put even worse helmet punchers on their roster. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad