Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Scary stuff! I hope Tucker has a speedy recovery and that all who were in the arena are coping well. Those kind of live events can be traumatizing for many involved. I remember the Faneli hit in Kitch and being very upset/emotional afterwards.
I heard at least two fans behind the Icedogs net fainted. Most others in shock

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Thoughts and prayers to Tucker and his family for a speedy recovery. He's one of the best in the league and thoughts go out to the entire Niagara Icedogs Organization who had to witness this firsthand. When something like this happens, hockey gets put on hold and we all should come together as a league. Glad he is in stable condition.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Hope that fan who heckled gets banned for life at all OHL arenas.
Not making any excuses for that ‘fan’ but I really hope he was drunk and his judgement was impaired because if he wasn’t drunk and was clearheaded he has some bigger emotional problems that need to be addressed. Hope they find out who it was, he gets banned from any OHL arena and he is publicly shamed. There is no room for that in this league or any league.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Our thoughts are with this Ice Dog, his family, and team . I can't imagine what they are going through tonight.

Shame on the man who decided his 'performance ' was more important than saving Tucker's life.

Let's hope the arena staff, security snd The OHL have identified him and banned him from attending future games.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
PP31, it doesn't matter if it was a knights fan, an Ice Dog fan, a Storm fan or just someone at the game, this kind of stupidity can't be tolerated. A ban for life is a start. Public disclosure of the guy would be awesome.
Read my post on the Storm thread, time to protect our (all teams) goalies.

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
Hey guys. Picked up this tidbit of info late last night while at work. Naturally I flocked over here to confirm. Glad to see he’s recovering and in stable condition. That is some scary stuff. Makes you appreciate the toughness of these men a little more. If you have never played, or have, it’s not hard to recognize the amount of sacrifice these guys put into their craft to make it next level. Kudos to the team behind the scenes for their professionalism in their own craft and also for putting up with that heckling asshole I would not designate as a fan. Fans don’t do that sort of stuff. Hope his face is plastered and the league bans him from OHL games. Enjoy your weekend away stretch and Merry Christmas to all of you! Hope to see some of you up here for February 8th.

Reactions: zman77
PP31, it doesn't matter if it was a knights fan, an Ice Dog fan, a Storm fan or just someone at the game, this kind of stupidity can't be tolerated. A ban for life is a start. Public disclosure of the guy would be awesome.
Read my post on the Storm thread, time to protect our (all teams) goalies.
My point is why was somebody so quick to anoint the guy a Knights fan. Every rink has idiots. I've witnessed my fair share in my 50 seasons following this league. As was pointed out...no hockey fan acts this way when a player is injured with that type of severity

On a side note wishing a speedy recovery for Tucker...very scary incident. It's time to make kevlar socks mandatory at all levels. Yes this was a fluke...but why take chances

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad