Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Mostly was talking about last season. The team's record and placement was "supported" a bit by the Eastern Quality being a bit thinner? Regardless still "Hats off" much quicker bounce back than I ever anticipated. I think London is due up for a more severe "reload" than we are used to seeing and I hope we can draft and bounce back as quickly.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs trade Shanker to Windsor for picks leave an over age spot open wonder who they might go after without paying to much.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Are the Dogs going for it this season or are players available for trade?
I don't think either one will take place. The team is in good shape for next year and I think they are good enough to win a round or two in this years playoffs. They may pick up an overager now that Shankar has been traded. Next year will be their year to make a meaningful trade, if necessary.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
From an outsider; This Niagara team may need some veteran help to make a push this season.
What are thoughts of a deal with OS?
To Niagara; OA C/RW Szypula and 98 LD Bourque
To Owen Sound; 4'th/19 and 3'rd/22

Last edited:

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
From an outsider; This Niagara team may need some veteran help to make a push this season.
I could see something like that happening but I don't think it will. The Burke's will see what they have for the rest of this year and make some changes over the summer or early next year to enhance their chances of an early run next year. They may wait to make their splash until trade deadline next year.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014

They might have interest in Szypula but I don't see any interest in a D. They just shipped out Shankar to allow their current backlog of D to play more games.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Dogs remain hot doubled Guelph 6 to 3 with three late goals in period three 4,551 watched the game not bad conthe weather and team Canada playing next up a visit by the Wolves Saturday night.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
It has been down for a few days with no information or warning. The owner mentioned last year he was having trouble keeping the lights on but I think he would have said something. Hoping it's just a technical glitch.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Way to go London another boat load of picks and Dunkley which IMO was the winning deal at the deadline. When do you get a 17 year old player that is an immediate impact in your line up.

WJ

Reactions: TheCoach

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Congrats on landing a truly classy guy. Sam will provide leadership and scoring to the Dogs. I am sad the Knights parted with him but he has a much better chance in Niagara to have an extended run in the playoffs. The fans will love his work ethic !!

Reactions: three dog night

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Miletic will add leadership, former Memorial Cup Champ, offence and PP. He will definitely help Thomas on and off the ice. Sam will be a good addition for Niagaa. IMO he is going to create space for his linemates.
He is awesome but he is not a memorial cup champion

Reactions: TheCoach

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
In their last game the Ice Dogs were crushed 8 to 3 by the Fronts. Maksimov received a game misconduct and was wondering if he is looking at a suspension.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
In their last game the Ice Dogs were crushed 8 to 3 by the Fronts. Maksimov received a game misconduct and was wondering if he is looking at a suspension.

4 game suspension for body-checking. Branch is working hard to remove any form of contact from the game. Next will be Styrofoam sticks so that contact from a stick won't hurt as much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad