Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The IceDogs have now lost 10 of their last 12 games and loser points aside I wonder if a major deal is coming down the pipe.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
From my vantage it was clearly an intentional headshot. Shankar's upper arm was lifted to a horizontal plane, and his elbow made contact with Bourque's jaw . Players need to realize as soon as they lift their shoulder and extend their elbow it will be called no matter what position the other player is in .

This was not a shoulder down and tucked in type of hit.

Thank God Bourque returned, however as we know eith head trauma, who's to say he's not feeling the effects today ?

Shankar will likely sit one game while the league waits on Bourques health report.

I thought the arm came up as the follow through but initial contact was with shoulder however it was head level since Bourque was crouched over. I was watching on the live stream. Regardless. I think the league is really trying to emphasize not hitting players in vulnerable positions which Bourque clearly was.

Anyways. Back to our thread. Thanks Niagara it was a good game to watch overall.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Would NHL draft picks Maksimov and Jones be considered major moves?

Of course, but very big pieces of the team as 19 yr olds next season. I would not go there; unless, you’re targeting 1st over all pick. It would require some serious tanking to get below Sudbury in the standings

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Shankar five game suspension tomorrow night Ottawa comes to town followed by Missy on Saturday night maybe home cooking will get the team going.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs return home tonight to host London after splitting their Michigan trip they head back on the road again Friday in Kingston and Ottawa Saturday.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Not the best weekend for the Dogs losing Friday to North bay 6 to 3 and Barrie 5 to 3 16 11 3 2 at break better then most people expected crowds were good go 4,814 Friday on a snowy night and 4,900 plus last night next game Dec 28 in North Bay.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Hats Off to the Ice Dogs. When you got beat in the OHL Final with all those “Veterans” by London it didn’t look like a quick turn around of fortunes would be occurring. A full on rebuild was on the Agenda with a whole bunch of kids due to come in.
Now the level of play in the OHL East has not hurt the success of the team assuredly but they have bounced back much quicker to respectability than I ever thought they would. Congrats and continued success......

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The Dogs b ack at it tomorrow night in North Bay and Friday in Sudbury back home New years eve against Hamilton only 180 tickets left for that game.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Hats Off to the Ice Dogs. When you got beat in the OHL Final with all those “Veterans” by London it didn’t look like a quick turn around of fortunes would be occurring. A full on rebuild was on the Agenda with a whole bunch of kids due to come in.
Now the level of play in the OHL East has not hurt the success of the team assuredly but they have bounced back much quicker to respectability than I ever thought they would. Congrats and continued success......

Thanks. Their record against the almighty West is 5 wins 3 losses as well.

Reactions: three dog night

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The Dogs rally to steal that one in North Bay three to two in overtime now three and five in extra time off to Sudbury tomorrow night.
We'll be waiting, hopefully with a good crowd, love to see the Dogs :) Wolves with a great effort in Barrie, step for step and could have easily won. Still missing key players, haven't been healthy all year. Second half will be better for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad