NHLPA Player Poll Results for 2018-19

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You know that a vast majority of players are Canadians, right?

Yeah this isn’t really true anymore.

Also just because he came 4th here does not mean he was viewed as the 4th best player, just means he received the 4th most 1st place votes.

For all we know every single person who didn’t vote for Kucherov thinks that he’s the second best player in the NHL, but this poll won’t reflect that.

Calm down.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Price the best goalie in the league? That hasn't been true for like 3-4 years
Until there's a goalie who year in and year out is in the Vezina convo players will take the simple easy choice based on memory of the last guy to be like that. Also, when Price is on he makes it look so simple and easy it's depressing for the opposition. Like bang bang play, cross ice seam pass picture perfect roofed finish, most goalies might get a flailing hand on it luckily, but Price is already there bored and waiting and easily deflects the puck wide.

Last edited:
Reactions: The90Tomas

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
if subban becomes an analyst... that would be so annoying. demers, reaves or yandle ok. no subban.

start a franchise with noted old men crosby or bergeron???

where is sorensen for best hockey hair???

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Yet you claim he gets no love from the NHL in a poll where NHL players voted him the 5th best forward. Ironic.
You do understand there is a difference between NHL players and people that control the NHL media right? I shouldnt be expected to explain this to someone i am assuming is an adult.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
You do understand there is a difference between NHL players and people that control the NHL media right? I shouldnt be expected to explain this to someone i am assuming is an adult.
You said the NHL. I would assume you are talking about people in the NHL?

Unless you get called out and attempt to back track I guess?

Not that he is even that underrated by the main stream media. Pretty sure most had him as a top 20 forward after last season.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Bit of a playoff vibe in here. Some super intense moments today!

Anyhoo. Who cares about any of these things? I’ve heard former players say they mail these polls in constantly and take them about as serious as they do their morning dump.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Mcdavid as always stat-padding at the end of a season in meaningless games when his team is already two miles out of the playoffs. Same story as last year.

McDavid was scoring at a clip of 1.51 points per game in February and is scoring at roughly the same clip now. He's been very consistent offensively.

I do think Kuch is the best player this season FWIW.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
By the same people saying he is under rated.... who would have thought. It is almost like you don't understand context.

Tampa gets tons of coverage.
Don’t even bother talking to this guy. His only way to argue is to mock opinions of other posters rather than have constructive debate and sometimes he goes so far by starting calling others stupid while he disagrees. He has a tunnel vision which is extreme example of stupidity. He thinks he is smarter than everyone but in reality smartest guys are those who likes to listen/read other posters point of views and respect them. Disagreeing is healthy and good for debating at these forums. Shutting down other opinions complitely makes you really vulnerable because even smartest people are wrong sometimes and they don’t want to look stupid. Respecting other opinions while disagreeing is like having 2 horses in a 2 horse race.

It’s hard to win argument again smart people but impossible against stupid. I think he has good/smart points and opinions. I don’t think he is stupid but he is limiting himself big time.

Last edited:

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
You said the NHL. I would assume you are talking about people in the NHL?

Unless you get called out and attempt to back track I guess?

Not that he is even that underrated by the main stream media. Pretty sure most had him as a top 20 forward after last season.
yawn... no more time for someone who thinks of NHL players when talking about NHL media.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
In 2018-2019? Umm they are legit so inferior to Kucherov that it's insane. Mcdavid as always stat-padding at the end of a season in meaningless games when his team is already two miles out of the playoffs. Same story as last year. Crosby's is great but his best days behind him, he's nowhere near winning scoring race or selke or any other hardware.
This is just factually wrong and has been proven time and time again to be wrong.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
In 2018-2019? Umm they are legit so inferior to Kucherov that it's insane. Mcdavid as always stat-padding at the end of a season in meaningless games when his team is already two miles out of the playoffs. Same story as last year. Crosby's is great but his best days behind him, he's nowhere near winning scoring race or selke or any other hardware.

How the hell do you even "stat pad" in hockey? The opposing team would have to be cool with you scoring easy, and no defenceman or goalie has any incentive to get a minus or lower their GAA/save percentage at any point in a hockey game.

No D-Man wants to be in the video meeting the day after the game and get embarrassed by his coaches as they break down why he let McDavid score on them.

The Oilers were within distance of a playoff spot during McDavid's 2 point/game streak too so to say the games were meaningless is disingenious. If anything it's harder to score down the stretch in the NHL season because other teams are playing for playoff positioning and are generally closer to playoff intensity/form than they are earlier in the year.

This isn't basketball where the other team gets the ball back every 24 seconds and gets a chance to score every time down the floor. If anything "stat padding" would apply more in situations where Kucherov is out there still on the PP when the score is 4-1 or gunning for empty net points.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC

This like this completely discredit your argument bud, I'm sorry you are salty.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I think reputation is a very strong consideration here. Also - players are very conservative (which is why Crosby and Price always do well). Going into this year most would argue McDavid > Kucherov quite easily. If Kucherov wins end season awards, and if he does well in playoffs and can have a comparable year next year - i guarantee you he'll be at the top with McDavid in the poll next year.

McDavid has now earned his own 'grace period' compared to Kucherov :nod:

Kucherov is almost neck in neck with McDavid in point production over the last few seasons.

Besides, when did MacKinnon serve his grace period?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad