NHLPA Player Poll Results for 2018-19

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
,934 in '16
,933 in '15 Vezina Winner
,927 in '14
,923 in '17 Vezina Finalist
,923 in '11 (72 games played, but you prolly weren't born yet)
,920 in '08

Stop it with that rere **** of one all star season. I see this comments a lot and always from mickey mouse market. Dude has been legit top-5 goalie for more than a decade. So factually you are a ****ing goof with hockey stuff. Stop it.
He literally has one postseason All Star. Why does that bother you so much? And the other year he was a Vezina finalist he was like 9th or 10th in the league in save percentage, and something like 6th out of guys that took a starter's load. Voting also shows that was a particularly weak third place finish (barely edging out Cam Talbot by virtue of some third place votes).

Collectively over the past say 6 years? Yeah Price has probably been a top 5 goalie, but his entire rep still rests based on one peak season.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
He literally has one postseason All Star. Why does that bother you so much? And the other year he was a Vezina finalist he was like 9th or 10th in the league in save percentage, and something like 6th out of guys that took a starter's load. Voting also shows that was a particularly weak third place finish (barely edging out Cam Talbot by virtue of some third place votes).

Collectively over the past say 6 years? Yeah Price has probably been a top 5 goalie, but his entire rep still rests based on one peak season.

First and 2nd all star team for goalies. Its 2 per position. If you are 3rd or 4th best goalie in a season, it can still be considerate an all star season. Some season there is more parity among goalie having good year. Saying Price has one all star season is just a fraud. Blatant lie.

Its not based on one peak season, its one of the best season by a goalie ever.

Explain to me how finishing 1st in Wins, 1st in games played with ,923 save % isn't all star worthy? 34 wins, 2,30 ,927 save % 6 shutout, 59 games.

Just 2 season ago he played 66 games, ,923 save %, 2,23 GAA and 37 wins. Lundqvist was pulling weaker number than that and people were worshiping him calling him a top goalie year in year out, yet he had that ,923 save% 3 times in his career.

And when its all said and done, there is more to GAA, save% and wins when determining how great a goaltender is. Goaler can have a great f***ing game/month/season without having phenomenal stats. Team oriented.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
First and 2nd all star team for goalies. Its 2 per position. If you are 3rd or 4th best goalie in a season, it can still be considerate an all star season. Some season there is more parity among goalie having good year. Saying Price has one all star season is just a fraud. Blatant lie.

Its not based on one peak season, its one of the best season by a goalie ever.

Explain to me how finishing 1st in Wins, 1st in games played with ,923 save % isn't all star worthy? 34 wins, 2,30 ,927 save % 6 shutout, 59 games.

Just 2 season ago he played 66 games, ,923 save %, 2,23 GAA and 37 wins. Lundqvist was pulling weaker number than that and people were worshiping him calling him a top goalie year in year out, yet he had that ,923 save% 3 times in his career.

And when its all said and done, there is more to GAA, save% and wins when determining how great a goaltender is. Goaler can have a great ****ing game/month/season without having phenomenal stats. Team oriented.

You are flat out wrong. It’s one goalie per All-Star team. So 4th in voting is not an all-star season for a goalie.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
The thing with Price is that he most definitely earned his respect, but at some point people have to let it go. It's one thing to give a player the benefit of doubt if you are going through a rough period if you had a decade worth of consistency á la Lundqvist and Luongo but Price really hasn't. He had one All-Star season, factually.

Lundqvist and Luongo have a grand total of 2 each, despite being 5 and 8 years older than him. How does that make them so much better than Price?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Consistency over a very long time.

Price has six .920 SV% seasons.
Luongo has 9, while being 8 years older.
Lundqvist has 8, while being 5 years older.

I don't see a big gap in their consistency, all 3 have a lot of good seasons but the other two have just been around longer than Price.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Price the best goalie in the league? That hasn't been true for like 3-4 years
Turn the page over from the boxscores and tell me what Andy capp is up to, would ya?

On a team that waived half its D with weber back he has been lights out. The rough start with ahl level defense will prevent him from winning the vezina but he has a very good chance of being one of the three

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Had Price not had a rough season last year, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Good thing is though that whether Price is the best goalie or not (and hes not), hes at least paid like he is.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Good thing is though that whether Price is the best goalie or not (and hes not), hes at least paid like he is.

I gotta break it to you my macho man, your opinion ain't worth a whole lot compared to the guys who play the game.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
I gotta break it to you my macho man, your opinion ain't worth a whole lot compared to the guys who play the game.
This a pretty ridiculous statement considering there are a lot of meatheads like Kassian that play the game. I guess many of the GM's that have never played the game know nothing too huh? Miraculous how they even have a job.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Spoiler alert: Vasy will win the vote next year. Habs fans haven’t even realized that Price is just in his grace period. Sadly even that will end soon.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Kucherov is at 1.6 PPG. In 2010-11, before the Steckle hit, Crosby was at 1.61 PPG. Missed pretty much a year, came back in the latter half of 2011-12 season and was at 1.68 PPG. He was also 1.56 PPG in 2012-13.

Kucherov has been a PPG player in 3 of his 4 seasons. Crosby has been better than PPG in 13 straight.

PPG All Time, 6th and 14th respectively for Crosby and Malkin. I guess that just happened by accident.
He said currently playing at. And Crosby hasn't played at the production level kucherov is over a full season. Many players have ridiculous point paces over a 30 game sample size (any streak McDavid or Kucherov have had over the past 2 seasons shows that). Not once did he say Kucherov had a better career than Crosby has.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Spoiler alert: Vasy will win the vote next year. Habs fans haven’t even realized that Price is just in his grace period. Sadly even that will end soon.
grace periods will be the end of us. 1 more year for Crosby's until McDavid can start his, looks like Kucherov has established the beginning of his grace period year following the last year of McDavids grace period.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Ahahahaha 500 professional hockey players just voted T-Mobile the best atmosphere in the league, and the experts on HF can barely acknowledge hockey exists south of the Canadian border.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Ahahahaha 500 professional hockey players just voted T-Mobile the best atmosphere in the league, and the experts on HF can barely acknowledge hockey exists south of the Canadian border.
Atmosphere as the arena not the fans guy. Its the whole show they put on during the game. Given two teams of the same caliber no one wants to go into Montreal. The difference in fans is pretty clear when you watch the games. The Canadian markets, Boston, NYR, Detroit, Minnesota, Chicago all see the game very well. And it shows how they react and cheer to the game. Hockeys a hard sport to follow and appreciate if you're a casual fan.

I mean look at last night Kopitar scored a nasty one hander and the crowd only cheered when the puck went it. 80% of them had no idea how unreal the goal was they just cheered cause he scored.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
This a pretty ridiculous statement considering there are a lot of meatheads like Kassian that play the game. I guess many of the GM's that have never played the game know nothing too huh? Miraculous how they even have a job.

Well, the opinion of a Kassian style 'meathead' about NHL hockey is a gazillion times more relevant than a forum wanderer's.

And wait, who's talking about GMs here?
Are you actually implying that your opinions are as relevant as a GM's?

Damn, some HFBoarders are becoming full of themselves.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
In 2018-2019? Umm they are legit so inferior to Kucherov that it's insane. Mcdavid as always stat-padding at the end of a season in meaningless games when his team is already two miles out of the playoffs. Same story as last year. Crosby's is great but his best days behind him, he's nowhere near winning scoring race or selke or any other hardware.
Hey chief, just going through some bookmarks.

100 point season, 2nd in Hart voting, 4th in Selke, 2nd team all star. Best days far behind him for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->