Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL21 HUT Thread

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So I got into it this year. Got a couple big pulls out of my free packs that basically let me waltz to a near free Lemieux. Also got Seguin and Hedman out of my rewards for objectives and Rush. Pack luck has been insane so far

LIT Panarin (loan)/Lemieux/cover McDavid
Seguin (nat)/Johansen/Forsberg (not Petr)
Tatar/Duchene/Ehlers
Copp/O'Reilly/Boedker

Vet Keith/Reilly
Hedman/lit heskenien (loan)
Ekblad/Girard

Bobrovsky/Grubauer

The distributor synergy isn't even **** fair man. I have that, speedster and howitzer all activated and its totally worth having some less meta cards (like Copp and Girard) at the bottom of my lineup for it. The boosts they gain can basically turn crappy cards into usable cards, usable cards into great cards and great cards into God damn cheat codes.

Lemieux as I have him now currently has 96 speed and shooting in the 90s. It may as well be a glitch considering most base cards don't have a hope in hell of keeping up.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
I was also lucky in the first week. Got bunch of 84-86 pulls as well as tradeable icon and gold collectible from the loyalty and squad battle packs. I've been also using scrubs on my 4th line to activate distributor and it really makes a difference + you don't really need to play the fourth line that much.

cover Laine - Lemieux - Malkin
Stamkos - loan Gretzky - St. Louis
Eichel - loan Bergeron - Matthews
Armia - O' Reilly - Farabee

vet Weber - loan Heiskanen
lit Karlsson - Hedman
Hamilton - Provorov

Rinne

The only thing I hate about this years hut is that they removed the option to play online seasons, which was the only hut mode that allowed co-op. Been playing much more co-op versus and eashl because of that.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I was also lucky in the first week. Got bunch of 84-86 pulls as well as tradeable icon and gold collectible from the loyalty and squad battle packs. I've been also using scrubs on my 4th line to activate distributor and it really makes a difference + you don't really need to play the fourth line that much.

cover Laine - Lemieux - Malkin
Stamkos - loan Gretzky - St. Louis
Eichel - loan Bergeron - Matthews
Armia - O' Reilly - Farabee

vet Weber - loan Heiskanen
lit Karlsson - Hedman
Hamilton - Provorov

Rinne

The only thing I hate about this years hut is that they removed the option to play online seasons, which was the only hut mode that allowed co-op. Been playing much more co-op versus and eashl because of that.

Online co-op? Cause some modes have offline co-op. But nobody wants to play important games 2v1 it’s just not fair. 2 people have such an advantage.

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
Yeah online co-op. It's not about playing 2v1 it's about playing 2v2, 2v3 etc. If you are playing alone and don't want to face co-ops you can always set your search to match only 1v1.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And this ladies and gentleman is why you take the pack rewards for stuff like rivals

Attachments

• 20201021_185651.jpg
    20201021_185651.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 51

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah getting Gretzky basically means I can literally never complain about pack luck again lol.

The team is pretty solid now id say. I only outright pay2win'd for one card (put like 80 bucks total in, it was my birthday so I figured why the hell not? Usually I go super conservative on packs)and the rest has been earned through either insane luck or just playing the game.

As for the pack luck:

Gretzky out of that rivals pack (Lit Barzal and base Panarin were also in said pack)

pulling OEL, Barkov, Toews and Kessel out of one mega pack i bought.

Pulling usable players out of hut rewards packs (Hedman and Seguin)

getting a couple pulls out of my preorder packs (specifically schiefiele)

pretty much all of that plus maxing my hut rush scores is what got me the team i have sans my #1 LW

Lafleur/Gretzky/Cournoyer
Seguin/Lemieux/Ehlers
Panarin/Johansen/Forsberg (still Filip)
Boedker/Copp/Sorensen (synergy line)

Hedman/Reilly
Letang/Jones
Ekblad/Girard

Vasilevsky/TOTW Griess.

I'm gonna look at adding that team builder Neal since he looks like the only one worth a damn out of those sets. That and Guy Carbonneau since apparently they added a set for the 84 overall icons (only 30 gold players needed) and he's fit in great on the 4th line

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I pulled a Grit 89 Suter out of my Rivals pack. Gonna upgrade to the 90 and I think I can choose a different MSP because his shooting stats are brutal.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Id go Heskanein if you're dead set on the upgrade. Solid stats and can do pretty much everything. Probably will be the best D card on the market for a while.

Well, I only got to choose between the Grit MSPs (Bergeron/Suter/Wheeler). Ended up going with Bergeron

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I haven’t gotten much. Right now I’m trying to save for Gretzky. I have 5 icons currently. So almost there. I don’t wanna waste them on 87/88.

Best pulls I’ve gotten are the Lit vs Grit Duchene, Eichel, Kuznetsov.

I don’t really have any high end players. Just mid tier guys Giroux, Oreilly, Aho, Boeser, Laine, Josi, Weber, Voracek. Bobrovsky, Hellebucyk, Broda, LvG Rittich...

That Fleury icon with syns is decent too.

I can’t stand playing the cpu on SS, they’re insane.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Wonder what their doing with this Halloween event. And the Halloween collectibles from HUT rush. I saw that 89 Kassian they teased.

actually here’s the full info.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
I haven’t gotten much. Right now I’m trying to save for Gretzky. I have 5 icons currently. So almost there. I don’t wanna waste them on 87/88.

Best pulls I’ve gotten are the Lit vs Grit Duchene, Eichel, Kuznetsov.

I don’t really have any high end players. Just mid tier guys Giroux, Oreilly, Aho, Boeser, Laine, Josi, Weber, Voracek. Bobrovsky, Hellebucyk, Broda, LvG Rittich...

That Fleury icon with syns is decent too.

I can’t stand playing the cpu on SS, they’re insane.

LOL I can barely win vs pro... If I win it’s by a two goal margin. And vs semi pro I win with a margin of 8-10 goals. The balance between the different difficulties is broke as f***. Haven’t even tried vs all star or superstar. I used to play on all star in NHL20 and pretty much always got the maximum points (5 goal win + 20 shots).

It sucks cause it takes forever to get to pro 1 in Squad battles when getting 800 points per game at semi pro.

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
LOVING my team right now. NHL HUT Builder - Team Builder

Got Sakic from the 87 icon lottery and sniped Teppo for 160k.
Would love to upgrade Heiskanen to the 89 but it costs like 500k right now so it have to wait for a while.
Gonna do the 87 icon gamble one more time bunch of good options there that would fit my team (Coffey, Yzerman, Selänne, Pronger)

If anyone is interested I can do a recording of beating superstar ai in squad battles. I'm not really doing anything special just playing the same game that I would play against human opponent.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Faced a player with a 99 overall junior player, are they gifted to the people by EA?

LOVING my team right now. NHL HUT Builder - Team Builder

Got Sakic from the 87 icon lottery and sniped Teppo for 160k.
Would love to upgrade Heiskanen to the 89 but it costs like 500k right now so it have to wait for a while.
Gonna do the 87 icon gamble one more time bunch of good options there that would fit my team (Coffey, Yzerman, Selänne, Pronger)

If anyone is interested I can do a recording of beating superstar ai in squad battles. I'm not really doing anything special just playing the same game that I would play against human opponent.

I'd like to see it haha, can't ever get puck of them or even get good hit on superstar.

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013

There's my strategies at the beginning every fwd line and d-pairing has the same, been using those since like nhl18.
Quite sloppy defending at times was playing with a pretty solid hangover.

Reactions: Wats

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Faced a player with a 99 overall junior player, are they gifted to the people by EA?

I'd like to see it haha, can't ever get puck of them or even get good hit on superstar.

You faced the actual junior player on the card lol. EA has a neat little thing where if you're playing hockey (junior/NHL/euroleague) they'll give you a 99 overall card of yourself to add to your team.

There's posts on reddit with people showing they've ran into even the soon to be NHLer types like Byfield and Lafreniere.

Reactions: CPTN71

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
NHL HUT Builder - Team Builder

Squad looking good. For those asking, no i didn't pay to win that hard; Lafleur is legit the only one i bought packs to pump into the icon collectible trade ins for.

Gretzky was the luckiest pull i've ever had out of Rivals rewards (and in traditional fashion my pack luck has been ass since)

Cournoyer, Lemieux and Carbonneau are all from playing the game normally. Hedman and Seguin were out of preorder packs and they've been on the team since day one. PT Spurgeon was given to me by a friend since it was the one good card he had that isn't untradeable and he's done with HUT.

Some tips/notes about my team;

Marcus Sorensen isn't actually my 4th line winger. For whatever reason, the kid i use (Jeremy McKenna, 71 silver card with distributor and speedster) isn't actually in the Hutbuilder database :laugh: He's been surprisingly okay since both synergies gets him to 86 speed and gives me room to move guys around. If you like both those synergies, i recommend him since you can bury him on your 4th line.

Tyler Myers is a sleeper card. He can't shoot very well but with distributor activated he gets to 86 speed and is a massive pain in the ass in transition because of his size.

Halloween Werenski plays way better than his 84 rating. He can hit, shoot and even can dangle a bit. he's been by far my best d-man since i got him. Halloween Pettersson also gets to 90s across the board in shooting with howitzer activated. This early in the game that's actually pretty disgusting.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Another post just so the other one isn't huge; As for player recommendations, i have a list of guys for people who might not want to spend too much money/F2P players that i like to call the budget boiz. With the right synergies, these guys can easily hang with god squad teams;

Dougie Hamilton/82 overall/1-2.5k - Dougie boy gets to 86 speed with his howitzer synergy activated and essentially becomes another Myers; Big, fast for his size and can throw the body because despite his low body check rating, a lot of guys run smaller players that can get knocked over with a gentle breeze

Tomas Tatar/82 overall/1-2k - Tataaaaah gets to 91 speed with his synergy activated. I will be adding him back to my squad once he gets a better card just because i like to do this after every Tatar goal;

Nikojai Ehlers: 82 overall/2-3k - 90 speed with just howitzer and an eye popping 93 with howitzer and distributor. Lots of higher level players are still running this card because of his value factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad