Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL21 HUT Thread

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
I have a stacked team but sometimes a team with all 85 base players and no syngeries seem to completely dominate

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Is HUT 21 very much better than in 20? Is it worth getting or is it mostly pay to play with very few chances against the teams with the bought lineups?

You’re dead on actually I never pay for any of it and grind my way up but it’s friggin insane not to mention the bought lineups with team synergies...Shea Weber out skates Vladimir Tarasenko as an example I’ve run into

Reactions: Crosscrease14

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Just decided to try Hut haven’t played really since I could win games in Div 1 with bronze players NHL 16. Also feels weird you trade in full team sets and lose the players oh well though.

is it really worth it to go all out on the distributor synergy.

Can usually outplay stacked teams still but man it’s so frustrating when my team go full dumb mode can’t defend mode. I’m not one of those let the CPU do everything but I switch over to the other D to cut off the player trying to gain the zone then my other D decides hey let’s ditch the other guy I gotta cover. I guess I gotta play more passive but it’s hard because if you give the Mcdavid, Mackinnon, Matthews teams room they can snipe on a weak goal.

Does it make sense to pay up for a goalie? Or should I just slowly upgrade the team I got all 82-84 overall guys. They are decent but can’t bounce off a check like the god cards in this mode.

Your goalie literally means nothing...had a 90 goalie and bounced him for an 86 and now I’m actually not losing games because of my goalie

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Had the game since Christmas and built a pretty competitive free to play team:

Definitely get distributor first. My team felt like it got a lot better. Second I'd go for is spark and then individual synergies. Jmo.

Don't buy packs. Be patient and scoop the pieces you need from auction house or build star players by sets. There's some crazy deals sometimes especially late at night.

I'd recommend Fantasy Hockey set Brock Boeser. He doesn't cost a lot to upgrade and he's been incredible for me. Also base McDavid.

Managed to get Dustin Wolf in goal for about ~80k he's been amazing even against superstar AI but a bit inconsistent online.

With the new event will be looking forward to adding 94 ov Ovechkin

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Does anyone else get the Network Error constantly? I cannot even log into HUT most times. Worked great for a few days but now back to constant crashes. Frustrating. Everything else works fine (other apps, game moves, etc.).

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Anyone stuck playing bots? I guess it’s a free win but it really drains the fun out of already flawed game

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
So I’m brand new to HUT and I have a question.
What am I supposed to do with all these “untradeable” players ? I’m sitting on like 20 players who are like 73 overall and can’t sell them for anything or put them towards any sets. So like... what’s the point ?

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
What am I supposed to do with all these “untradeable” players ? I’m sitting on like 20 players who are like 73 overall and can’t sell them for anything or put them towards any sets. So like... what’s the point ?
You can use gold players for building gold or icon collectables and silvers for upgrade sets.

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
Put them toward the collectables

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Think I’m gonna get NHL 21. So my question is how’s the HUT mode compared to say MLB Diamond Dynasty or even MUT. How much is there to do?

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Just decided to try Hut haven’t played really since I could win games in Div 1 with bronze players NHL 16. Also feels weird you trade in full team sets and lose the players oh well though.

is it really worth it to go all out on the distributor synergy.

Can usually outplay stacked teams still but man it’s so frustrating when my team go full dumb mode can’t defend mode. I’m not one of those let the CPU do everything but I switch over to the other D to cut off the player trying to gain the zone then my other D decides hey let’s ditch the other guy I gotta cover. I guess I gotta play more passive but it’s hard because if you give the Mcdavid, Mackinnon, Matthews teams room they can snipe on a weak goal.

Does it make sense to pay up for a goalie? Or should I just slowly upgrade the team I got all 82-84 overall guys. They are decent but can’t bounce off a check like the god cards in this mode.

Yeah I’m constantly switching D’s and players in my defensive zone you can’t let the computer do anything sometimes lol.. I just hate outplaying people and still losing like 2-1 because the game decides I can’t score and my opponents goalie becomes Spider-Man.

I’m pretty much done with this game for these reasons.

however I still remain undefeated amongst my friend groups for vs play since NHL94

No joke lol

but I lose on HUT all the time. Sometimes it’s deserved for sure met some crazy good players who made me eat my own hat.. but way too many times the loss is due to the game engine deciding the outcome imo

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I can't figure this out. I have spent money (Shouldnt have I know) have a stacked team and usually get robbed. To many games I outshoot my opponent, out time on attack and all other stats but lose. I've gone the synergies route and no luck. Distributor and the Bee one at the same time with howletz and still had people blowing by me and mine not being able to do the same. Very frustrating indeed.

Currently running -
91 Mario 91 Gretz 88 Prime McDavid
88 Prime Kuch 91 Courturier 88 Fantasy Stone
88 Doan 91 Sedin 91 Sedin
87 Savard 87 Forsberg 87 TOTW Marner

91 Hansson 91 Doughty
90 Ekblad 90 Josi
89 Carlson 87 Coffee
88 Prime Valsilevskiy

I don’t think you need a stacked team to win at this game.. sometimes I’ll let the stacked team come at me and play super defensive and attack off the counter which would give you dominating stats over me while I beat you on the scoreboard. The game engine subtly helping me out doesn’t hurt either prob in these situations.

I’m just super dangerous with the odd man rush right I’ll make you pay

I’d have my guys collapsing against you in the D zone however I would be extremely aggressive upon your zone entry at the blue line and red line and then fairly aggressive inside the zone with the player I control. Optimum situation would be to hardly ever allow you unobstructed zone entry

I do picture people ripping their hair out and throwing their controllers at the wall lol

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Think I’m gonna get NHL 21. So my question is how’s the HUT mode compared to say MLB Diamond Dynasty or even MUT. How much is there to do?

Honestly Diamond Dynasty is by far and away the best online team builder mode in any sports video game. HUT has some stuff to do online and offline to get free packs/players. But the packs don't really guarantee anything. So while you put in hours grinding to get diamond MLB players, legends, prospects in MLB the Show, you grind to get a chance at those players in HUT.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Umm can someone explain to me why I just hit a 92, 91, 95, and 99 overall in 4/5 standard premium packs I just opened? Is there some sort of pack promotion thing going right now that I didn't know about?

Lol

99 Vasi, 95 Robitaille, 92 Cormier, 91 Gusev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad