NHL15 demo out for Playstation 4 and it's F'ing awesome

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I have a PS4 and got NHL 15.

I play online versus enough to justify buying NHL 15, but I'll give my honest review. The game sucks. The gameplay is a vast improvement..it's really awesome. But remember, EA didn't release NHL 14 for the next-generation consoles because they wanted to give the user the best game possible. They took out key game modes which is disappointing. No EASHL really sucks. No online shootout is kind of odd. They also watered down game modes. In Be a GM there's no entry draft (although I think they're adding it through a content patch). In Be a Pro you can't sim through shifts anymore.

The worst part about this is EA will probably release NHL 16 as NHL 15 + the features that should have been there but weren't.

or the worst part is that everyone will buy it...again

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
15 on the 360 is way better. Game play included.

Is it? All I have read is the gameplay is the same as 14 so don't bother if you have that. Are you comparing to an older game?
I love 14, still the game I play the most on 360 (although I don't play much)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Is it? All I have read is the gameplay is the same as 14 so don't bother if you have that. Are you comparing to an older game?
I love 14, still the game I play the most on 360 (although I don't play much)

14 and 15 gameplay is not the same. 15 is better. went from playing 14 for an hour to 15 for an hour. not the same. the menus and almost everything else are pretty much the same though

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Anyone playing HUT and need some help or wanna make some trades on PS4 hit me up

Also, 14 and 15 are a LOT different, I play a lot I play for money and stuff, 15 on PS3 and 360 is the same as 14 with a roster update, BS. 15 is a lot different, gameplay and everything

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
14 and 15 gameplay is not the same. 15 is better. went from playing 14 for an hour to 15 for an hour. not the same. the menus and almost everything else are pretty much the same though

What about game presentation on PS3? Still the same as NHL14?

My biggest fear, is that after Christmas, EA will totally let down NHL15 on PS3 and we won't have any Roster Updates and bug fixing for a while...

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
What about game presentation on PS3? Still the same as NHL14?

My biggest fear, is that after Christmas, EA will totally let down NHL15 on PS3 and we won't have any Roster Updates and bug fixing for a while...

That's what's great about it. There aren't many bugs , if any at all in the game.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
NHL 15 is ****ing terrible. I don't know what they've been doing for the last few years but the game is so stale. The in-game mechanics and gameplay are hideous and almost unplayable. AI still has absolutely no clue how to play offense or defense. The presentation didn't even change slightly since last year. Basically just a repack with tuner set tweaks and updated rosters. At full price no less. So disappointing.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Game play is the only thing that has improved, according to me. Play on all-star and put the skill sliders up a bit for the AI and you will get a real challenge. At least that's the case for me.

I only play GM mode - and Everything but the gameplay is horrible.

Is it possible to play with some friends online, vs AI?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I haven't been able to play more than 2 consecutive games yet. It just can't hold my interest for much more than 20 minutes.

It's just impossible to play this game after playing a ton of Madden and FIFA. Those games are just so much better in every possible way.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yes you can D. There is also a GM mode, as mentioned earlier that you couldn't!

It grows on you, and is not disappointing. No regrets!!!! :yo:

Well, we couldn't when I was at my buddy's house on his PS4. It simply does not allow player 2 to shift the second controller over to the team that player 1 has selected when going online to play someone else. I did some forum lurking and it appears local 2 player online is disabled from the game.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If it is possible to play online on the same team, against the AI, feel free to PM me. Would gladly get a few games in Before the exhibition game starts later tonight :)

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
The GM mode is so much more fun in 2015(ps3), even though the menus are practically identical its nice being able to draft gems in rounds 4-7 as well as players actually developing.

Gameplay is pretty much the same with a few tweaks.

Cashin

Sep 24, 2014
I love how they go to the trouble of changing in game commentators only to forget (again) to record the play by play guy saying "to Bobby Ryan". Silliness.

Milan the God*

or the worst part is that everyone will buy it...again

I'd wager that sales went down for the NHL series this year. I know a ton of regulars who skipped out on this years edition. Plus, those who waited for the reviews, probably aren't going to get it. The next-generation game lacks all the game modes. The old-generation game looks the exact same...literally.

I haven't been able to play more than 2 consecutive games yet. It just can't hold my interest for much more than 20 minutes.

It's just impossible to play this game after playing a ton of Madden and FIFA. Those games are just so much better in every possible way.

Yeah, this.

Not sure what type of gaming you do, but you also got Destiny that came out the same day as NHL 15. It's spectacular. Not a fan of the FIFA series (nothing against it, though) but Madden is also a great game.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
It's super realistic - I just played the pens and pp's were 9 to 1 with them getting 2 almost full length 5 on 3s. Only penalty I took myself was trying to clear the puck and took a delay of game

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Question about NHL14 (360).

I've been playing online for the first few times - enjoying EASHL. But the last game I was playing C and on faceoffs the other guy kept using that push forward move, and his winger was on the same page and would always come get it. My winger never caught on.
He won like 90% of the draws in the game and no matter what I did I couldn't stop it, because if I pushed back we would just lock up and they would get it.

Any ideas how to stop this tomfoolery?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad