NHL15 demo out for Playstation 4 and it's F'ing awesome

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's also 10 dollars cheaper if you buy it at EB Games/Game Stop.

Or, you can get it from Shop.ca. They don't have the Ultimate Version, but you can save $25 off of $75 with this coupon: https://www.facebook.com/SHOPdotCA?sk=app_214072865290432&app_data=submitted-1

You can also get a few dollars back through ebates.ca.

Or, you can grab a piece of Pizza at Pizza Pizza. They have a promotion where you get a pull off coupon for shop.ca. Either 25 off 50 or 50 off 100. Odds of 50 off 100 is 1 in 7.....

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
I didnt see much difference, why the hype?

No EASHL, is a huge loss as well.

I will buy it but thats cause xbox one has no hockey...

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC
Played the demo and I'm pretty disappointed. Going to see if I can cancel my preorder and pickup Destiny instead.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Played it for the first time just now. Initially, I'm thrown off by the off center camera but I can see it growing on me. Only heard Ray Ferraro once which is disappointing. The old skating down the wing and centering it seems like it's going to be a real strategy in this game at least against the AI. The best thing was that they played the 'Light a Mup' song after I scored.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Got suckered by Gamestop to preorder Destiny as well as '15 so Sept 9th I might have to use a "sick" day haha.

I buy the game every year, not always happily I guess, but theres no alternative.

I did switch from Xbox over to the PS4 so I've been getting worked over in the demo haha. I lost the first game 5-0 (Lundy gave up 5 goals on 7 shots vs my 18) but I'm finally winning games on awesome goals. Deflections, dribblers, five hole, bouncing pucks, etc. Its great, though I didnt get to actually play '14 at all so its basically a new game to me.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
WTF these graphics are 'next-gen'?! Is that a joke :laugh:

Looks barely, BARELY nicer than last year's.

This whole new console generation is a gimmicky mess.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Zombies in Ottawa

The Twitter world is laughing at us, because a girl in the stands wearing SENATORS shirt looks like a Zombie in this new NHL 15.

Too funny! :laugh:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
The Twitter world is laughing at us, because a girl in the stands wearing SENATORS shirt looks like a Zombie in this new NHL 15.

Too funny! :laugh:

Here is the pic for reference:

BxmPssZIcAAWZwB.jpg:large

:laugh:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think the game is pretty fun. I'll get 70 bucks worth of fun out of it for sure. The crowd is hillarious

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how the gamespeed is? Last EA NHL game I bought was NHL 2004 for my PC. I remember the pace of the game could be increased to speed up the gameplay. I know this isn't realistic, but it was fun.

Can anyone advise on these few things?

1) Can you speed up the gameplay of the game?
2) Is there still a fantasy draft where you can select your entire team through drafting all NHL players?

Thanks!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Sooo you can't do an online game with you and your buddy sitting on the couch playing someone else?

This infuriates me.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how the gamespeed is? Last EA NHL game I bought was NHL 2004 for my PC. I remember the pace of the game could be increased to speed up the gameplay. I know this isn't realistic, but it was fun.

Can anyone advise on these few things?

1) Can you speed up the gameplay of the game?
2) Is there still a fantasy draft where you can select your entire team through drafting all NHL players?

Thanks!

1) Yes, you can change the game setting before the game starts..
2) I think theres be a GM mode where you can fantasy draft a team.

Milan the God*

I have a PS4 and got NHL 15.

I play online versus enough to justify buying NHL 15, but I'll give my honest review. The game sucks. The gameplay is a vast improvement..it's really awesome. But remember, EA didn't release NHL 14 for the next-generation consoles because they wanted to give the user the best game possible. They took out key game modes which is disappointing. No EASHL really sucks. No online shootout is kind of odd. They also watered down game modes. In Be a GM there's no entry draft (although I think they're adding it through a content patch). In Be a Pro you can't sim through shifts anymore.

The worst part about this is EA will probably release NHL 16 as NHL 15 + the features that should have been there but weren't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad