NHL15 demo out for Playstation 4 and it's F'ing awesome

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
EA sports is a load of *****.

They're a monopoly who stole every right from any other company trying to make a sports game so that they can control the market and release basically the same ****ing ***** every year with one or two different adjustments.

NFL 2K5 is better than any game Madden/EA has created till this date. That's almost a decade of not being able to beat a game 10 years old. EA quickly bought the rights back in 2005 when they realized they'd probably never be able to match their production.

NHL 2K was gonna completely start from scratch for 360 but EA noticed it and swooped in to buy the rights. God forbid they release a better game.

I'm not gonna even bring up NBA EA and 2K.

NFL2K5 was able to fit in an unbelievable realistic game, an entire ****ing mansion/crib, extra features like interviews, half-time shows, fan celebrations, personal soundtrack(AND IN GAME SOUNDTRACK!!!) celebrities challenging you to play etc...

And you telling me these guys can't manage to put EASHL on a newer technology? Gtfo of here with that bs.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I can't get up for these anymore....just seems like the same old same every year with updated rosters. Likely pass until something truly worth while comes out.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
I've adopted the philosophy of buying the new game every two years. I find that more change is noticed in two year increments than a single year.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Fifa is wayyyyyy more popular than nhl

I still haven't bought a next gen console and I've kind of abandoned my Xbox360...

But yeah I had both FIFA 13 and NHL 13 and I loved the mode where everyone gets to control a player, so fun.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
EA sports is a load of *****.

They're a monopoly who stole every right from any other company trying to make a sports game so that they can control the market and release basically the same ****ing ***** every year with one or two different adjustments.

NFL 2K5 is better than any game Madden/EA has created till this date. That's almost a decade of not being able to beat a game 10 years old. EA quickly bought the rights back in 2005 when they realized they'd probably never be able to match their production.

NHL 2K was gonna completely start from scratch for 360 but EA noticed it and swooped in to buy the rights. God forbid they release a better game.

I'm not gonna even bring up NBA EA and 2K.

NFL2K5 was able to fit in an unbelievable realistic game, an entire ****ing mansion/crib, extra features like interviews, half-time shows, fan celebrations, personal soundtrack(AND IN GAME SOUNDTRACK!!!) celebrities challenging you to play etc...

And you telling me these guys can't manage to put EASHL on a newer technology? Gtfo of here with that bs.

I'd agree with you on NFL2k5 up until this year. I bought Madden yesterday and it might be the best football game I've ever played. It at least can now be argued against 2k5. Nhl2k3 or 2k7 is probably still my favourite hockey game ever.

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
NHL 94 is still the best. Best gameplay of any hockey game by far, and classic sprite graphics. I don't think any hockey game will ever beat it, ever.

And if you ever get tired of the classic teams and rosters based on the best NHL season ever (92/93), have no fear. The online community is constantly updating rosters and tweaking graphics. NHL 94 will forever live on.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I've adopted the philosophy of buying the new game every two years. I find that more change is noticed in two year increments than a single year.

Agreed. I don't buy every year either. Too much money and only real problems are rosters.

jules6565

Sep 2, 2007
Montreal
are you joking OP?

The game is garbage. Can't believe EA Vancouver managed to **** it up with a 2 year window to make this the first next gen hockey game...

No one should buy it this year, especially not for $69.99.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
This thread makes me depressed Im using my savings to go to new york this year, so I can't get a PS4 :(

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
are you joking OP?

The game is garbage. Can't believe EA Vancouver managed to **** it up with a 2 year window to make this the first next gen hockey game...

It's almost as if people have different opinions :scared:

I'm really enjoying the demo. I like the new graphics & presentation although the commentary isn't great, the new skill stick is a bit weird at first but I'm getting used to it. The AI seems better to me as well.

cage

Apr 25, 2004
If you think our videogame prices are high you should check out Australia. New releases are $100... and their dollar is equal to ours

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
I like how they talk about how they improved the jerseys so much, yet they once again fail to realize that moderation is key. They market one thing each year and then go WAYYYY overboard on it. Last year it was the enforcer engine which started a fight after legitimately every big hit until they toned it down. Now the jerseys flap like a flag in the wind, it looks ridiculous. Not to mention THE NUMBERS AND LOGOS STILL STRETCH AND LOOK RIDICULOUS. Are they for real? They talk about putting separate layers for equipment and what not but they can't do the same on jerseys so they don't look ****ing ridiculous? The goalies look just terrible because the pads are so big that the logo and name/numbers are always stretched a **** ton. I was thinking of buying an XBOX One just for this game but there's not a chance I'm paying $500 just to play next gen NHL v1.0. I was actually pretty excited but after watching some demo play and seeing that they not only didn't add any new stuff, but actually removed stuff and still expect us to pay $70.. lol. ****ing EA is ridiculous. Oh and Mike Richards is an 88 overall which is just hilarious.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I like how they talk about how they improved the jerseys so much, yet they once again fail to realize that moderation is key. They market one thing each year and then go WAYYYY overboard on it.

It is a bit exaggerated. Or a lot exaggerated.

I hate that I bought it because it's the only hockey option but it's pretty much the only game I'll play.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
The thing that sucks about EA is that they finally took a big step in one of the main game modes last year with Live the Life. It's still a terrible a simulation mode. NBA2K is miles better. The PS4 should of allowed them to improve on it, dramatically. And now all we get is the old NHL13 be a pro mode? Live the life was already done how could you mismanage your time so terribly that you can't even port something over completely? EA just refuses to spend the time to make a proper simulation mode. I get it it's probably not the most popular mode and it certainly doesn't make them money but the thing is they could easily monetize it.

What i don't understand is that be-a-gm and be-a-pro are the two gamemodes i play the most. I play some HUT and some GM connected and some EASHL but nothing compared to those 2 modes. I must be the only one who does because allowing the game to come out with two unchanged, incomplete modes they'd have to be low on the totem pole right?

Presentation is nice, it impacts every game but as any one who plays nhl regularly the visual are only really awesome the first time you see them. The game modes are what desperately need improving.

The announcing AI could use a revamp as well.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
The thing that sucks about EA is that they finally took a big step in one of the main game modes last year with Live the Life. It's still a terrible a simulation mode. NBA2K is miles better. The PS4 should of allowed them to improve on it, dramatically. And now all we get is the old NHL13 be a pro mode? Live the life was already done how could you mismanage your time so terribly that you can't even port something over completely? EA just refuses to spend the time to make a proper simulation mode. I get it it's probably not the most popular mode and it certainly doesn't make them money but the thing is they could easily monetize it.

What i don't understand is that be-a-gm and be-a-pro are the two gamemodes i play the most. I play some HUT and some GM connected and some EASHL but nothing compared to those 2 modes. I must be the only one who does because allowing the game to come out with two unchanged, incomplete modes they'd have to be low on the totem pole right?

Presentation is nice, it impacts every game but as any one who plays nhl regularly the visual are only really awesome the first time you see them. The game modes are what desperately need improving.

The announcing AI could use a revamp as well.

They're actually pretty high-up considering every other game mode not named "Hockey Ultimate Team aka Give Us Your Money Now" was scrapped.

But expect Be a GM to be broken (as if it already wasn't in each of the last 5 games) upon release. EA has already came out and said it will need patches.

I'm advising everyone I know not to purchase this game. I use the word "advising" because it's their money and they can do what they wish. But as someone who is a very hardcore NHL player who has spent countless hours over the years playing in competitive leagues, this is by far the most insulting experience that I've had to endure when dealing with EA Sports.

Scrap 50% of your game modes.
Dumb down your two big offline modes that were already broken to begin with.
Make some gameplay and presentation adjustments that still need a lot of work.

That's what they did in >2 years.

Speak with your wallets people.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Nope. FIFA actually managed to solve the issue that NHL is claiming to have while supporting nearly double the players and a full year earlier.

NHL 15 can't support 6v6. FIFA 14 could support 11v11.

Fifa 14 on the next gen also didnt have a freaking tournament mode. That game was ridiculous. Had no features.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I agree with most of the EA hate, but the way I justify the purchase of a new instalment of NHL is that if it was a subscription based online game, I'd easily pay $5 a month and feel like I'm getting my values worth, even if NHL 14's game modes were never updated again.

Most years, you're basically paying for a glorified roster update (Which quickly becomes out of date), and access to a large pool of online users since most players migrate away from the previous instalment.

EA's tact was bad. If they announced NHL 15 and were up front right off the bat that it'd be a stripped down version, but it's either they release a stripped down version, or don't release anything next gen until '16, there would have been less animosity. Instead of being proactive about the lack of features, it came off like EA was trying to pull a fast one.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
are you joking OP?

Come on now, you and I both know that a ton of people are going to buy it.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Im gonna miss playing with my club but its nice not supporting an EA game.

EA is ruining the gaming industry and that wont change as long as people keep buying their trash.

I wont be surprised when it costs 10 dollars to create a club, or start an online GM. People are already dumb enough to play HUT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad