NHL15 demo out for Playstation 4 and it's F'ing awesome

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Too bad they're stripping it of all it's good features. Probably going to skip this year for the first time since I got a ps2.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
They dropped EASHL and GM Connected and apparently have completely stripped down be a gm and be a pro.

I heard about dropping the connected mode, but do you have a link on the changes to the offline be a gm mode? That's pretty much what i plan on playing the vast majority of the time.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
They dropped EASHL and GM Connected and apparently have completely stripped down be a gm and be a pro.

Heard that too and probably why I wouldn't but it. Too much money.

I'm sure they left in my favorite with the hockey cards and auction house but only because it makes them a crap load of money.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I don't tend to go for online gaming so much of the stuff that was dropped (and that will surely be added later...for a fee) doesn't bug me. I will check out the final changes to the Be A GM mode before I buy though. Once I get tired of playing seasons I usually flip over to GMing.

Oct 10, 2010
Got to save some features/modes for years to come.

I mean, they can't go all out in just the one year! Need to pace themselves, right?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I heard about dropping the connected mode, but do you have a link on the changes to the offline be a gm mode? That's pretty much what i plan on playing the vast majority of the time.

From the Q&A with the lead producer:

Rammer
In Be-A-GM, you have the opportunity to control your own franchise and guide them to a Stanley Cup. All of the basics of the mode are there: there’s free agency, trading, and the rookie draft. You can play up to 25 seasons as well. The core of that mode is there.

We’re continuing as part of our updates to bring back some of that depth in different ways. We’ll have more details on what the patch plans for Be-A-GM specifically at a later date. The goal was to create a solid foundation to continue to build upon and to bring back things our fans have been asking for which we haven’t been able to in the past because of other technical limitations we’ve had.

Sounds like it's gonna have very little to start and they will add to it with patches. I certainly am not going to give my money to ea and hope they add to the game later.

I really have no idea what to expect for be a gm.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I have an xbox one and played the nhl 15 demo and i got to say, i think i might end up getting this game after all. I will just have to live without EASHL and Gm Connected.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
The demo actually comes out on the 9th of September.

This is just a demo to that demo. A demo that will cost $70.00.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Is it same deal for FIFA - no EASHL (or whatever the FIFA15 where each person controls a player is called)?

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Is it same deal for FIFA - no EASHL (or whatever the FIFA15 where each person controls a player is called)?

Nope. FIFA actually managed to solve the issue that NHL is claiming to have while supporting nearly double the players and a full year earlier.

NHL 15 can't support 6v6. FIFA 14 could support 11v11.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad