NHL, Turner Sports reach 7 year TV deal for games on TNT, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019

Interesting to see that TNT will be picking up at least 1 preseason game. This could be TNT's 1st NHL broadcast. Has the NHL ever had a preseason game on a national network before?

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
Probably smart of them to pick up a pre-season game to work out the kinks before night 1. Don’t want a debit like OLN had.

Oh god... I remember that first OLN broadcast they started with an overrun of some Mike Utley documentary that cut into the first period.

skeena1

May 15, 2006

Interesting to see that TNT will be picking up at least 1 preseason game. This could be TNT's 1st NHL broadcast. Has the NHL ever had a preseason game on a national network before?

Pretty sure Sportsnet has carried nation-wide preseason games in the past.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Maybe they will whenever they announce the broadcast schedule - which should be any decade now.

Now that the Olympic issue has been resolved (for now), I'm willing to bet the schedule gets announced Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, after the holiday and ahead of the NFL starting Thursday night.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Now that the Olympic issue has been resolved (for now), I'm willing to bet the schedule gets announced Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, after the holiday and ahead of the NFL starting Thursday night.

Wouldn't be surprised if it happens on SportsCenter.

Reactions: Spydey629

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

So it looks like TNT will also have late season Sunday games. Basically everything NBC had before.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA

Oops...

At this point, I feel like they’re all just toying with us.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Turner’s personnel announcement.

Liam McHugh Will Join WarnerMedia’s TV Hockey Team

Liam McHugh to host. Brendan Burke secondary play by play. Keith Jones moves to between the bench commentary. Bissonette will contribute. So will Jennifer Botteril and Jackie Redmond. Looks like Tarik El-Bashir (former Caps beat writer) will fill the “insider” role.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Turner’s personnel announcement.

Liam McHugh Will Join WarnerMedia’s TV Hockey Team

Liam McHugh to host. Brendan Burke secondary play by play. Keith Jones moves to between the bench commentary. Bissonette will contribute. So will Jennifer Botteril and Jackie Redmond. Looks like Tarik El-Bashir (former Caps beat writer) will fill the “insider” role.

Glad Keith Jones won’t be in the studio, him being between benches is a solid role for him.

Sep 19, 2008
Maybe it's just me but the TNT crew excites me more than the ESPN one. The ESPN one is okay but this one has Albert and Edzo as well as a solid analysis panel with Tarik. Also they brought along Brendan Burke.

Does anyone know about Alex Faust? I liked hearing him on the west coast games late at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad