Speculation: NHL trade deadline

What will the Blackhawks do on the April 12th Trade Deadline?

• Total voters

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I am sorry you feel that way sir!!!

It has been a rough few days to be a Strome fan:

- Two shit games
- Passed over for the available A
- Lowest ES TOI among forwards
- Made Kane and DeBrincat look like an awful line while Pius Suter made them look magnificent
- This board is back to relentlessly ripping him
- Has been outplayed by multiple rookies

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1 They will try to trade DeHaan ..but nobody will want him..By then he could be -17 ...he is -8 now and last night also was on for both PPgoals CLBS scored on us.

Beaudin 7GP is now +1
Zadorov is also +1 in 15GP

Mitchell after his -2 last night is back to -4 ..

Bowey in 2GP is +1.

Carlsson in 6GP is EVEN...

KEITH in 15GP is-4...

So DeHasn is so crazy he has to go...butvas I sId ...nobody will want him

Last edited:

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
The poll vote is too early to tell because too many variables about players coming back, players staying in form, players falling out of form, winning games we shouldn’t, etc etc

The answer is either stand pat or sell, though.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Do we have that much to sell? Janmark is the big one, but the rest Soderberg, Wallmark... Maybe de Haan? Not much.

I think if the team is squarely in the hunt, we should stand pat. Stan won't be the typical buyer this year that's for damn sure. Our future pieces should be untouchable.

Stand pat, reward the guys for their compete. I guess if someone offers a first for Janmark that would be the debate.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
sellers:

possible trade folk include
Strome (depends on Toews status)
Soda
Carpenter
Highmore
Janmark if they are not resigning him
Dehaan

Reactions: bwana63

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Unload Strome for a bigger net that Kane can aim at during pre-game with Tommy Hawk.

+ a new drum. I haven't heard Tommy bang the drum this year during games and it saddens me.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm fairly shocked so many people went with "be sellers" already... If this team is in playoff contention around the TDL, selling sends a bad message to the players. With how they are playing this season, and how hard they are working, I think that's a terrible idea. Selling off when they are close to a playoff spot may undermine progress being made.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I'm fairly shocked so many people went with "be sellers" already... If this team is in playoff contention around the TDL, selling sends a bad message to the players. With how they are playing this season, and how hard they are working, I think that's a terrible idea. Selling off when they are close to a playoff spot may undermine progress being made.
the message that would be sent is that we are in a process of rebuilding and we are not there just because we are knocking on the door of mediocrity and possibly in the playoffs...

there is no reason to not make a few deals at the deadline to acquire some assets that assist in the rebuild which is a marathon not a sprint...

if there is no intention to resign the likes of Soda and Carpenter, perhaps Dehaan you absolutely flip them at the deadline...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00