NHL Trade Deadline Thread: Part IV - Cole Heads to a Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have Sid and Geno on really good deals as to %to the cap. But I do think not so much cutting payroll as to gaining financial flexibility to add the pieces to put in place for the next couple of years. I really like Bjugstad's upside here and McCann as well. So was that costly in picks? Yes but with their age and growth, was a very good deal. Keep the number one and trade Kessel for picks/prospects as well in the draft day or off season. Nashville needs a forward and Stone may be just to rich especially if the Jets are out. For me, if I can trade Horny for Nashville's number 1 and Hartman, I do that in a NY minute.

Jake Sid Rust
Reese Geno ?
McCann Bjugstad Hartman
Wilson Blueger Angelo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
His freed up cap hit + return we get for him would be what I'm interested in. Especially with what looks like a ton of UFAs going to market.

Cap space isn't an asset unless you know you have something to spend it on. Especially considering how JR has done in free agency, dumping Hornqvist for cap space is an incredibly bad idea.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
puckballs.gif

Reactions: KIRK and domaug

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah, if there's a move to be made, the draft is the best place.

I wouldn't even trade this years 1st, I'd only entertain 2020's 1st.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Honestly, I see us getting McQuaid and MoJo in the next hour or so. And I think Pearson is on his way out

Guentzel-Sid-Rust
MoJo-Geno-Kessel
ZAR-Bjugs-Horny
McCann-Cullen-Blu/Simon

McQuaid-JJ
Petts-Schultz
Riikola-Ruh

Is it going to end well? No

Deczola73

Dec 23, 2017
I think we should trade for Ben Lovejoy. We need a live body who is familiar with team and the last time it worked!

We unloaded the stiff Despres who thank god we did not sign long term in our last deal for him, so he is a lucky charm for us.

Bring back Ben!!!

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Sell.

We are nowhere near good enough to win a Cup this year.

We have an atrocious D and **** goal tending.

And apparently the past year plus has been about getting away from speed/skill and more to the **** that doesn't work in this league anymore. Size and slow footed neanderthals.

Hoooooray!
TBH I love this idea, but I just can't see it happening.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
I think we should trade for Ben Lovejoy. We need a live body who is familiar with team and the last time it worked!

We unloaded the stiff Despres who thank god we did not sign long term in our last deal for him, so he is a lucky charm for us.

Bring back Ben!!!
Lovejoy was already traded away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad