NHL Trade Deadline Thread: Part IV - Cole Heads to a Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The big thing with the fantasies of blowing the team up is that a lot of their woes appear to be mental and effort related. It’s not a roster that’s bereft of talent or full of chronic chokers. You’ve got to address that side of this.

For all JR has complained about the players and traded them, the coaching staff and front office need similar consequences as well. JR has made some bad moves and the coaching staff isn’t a group of victims to the players spitefully failing them.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know it's not a popular opinion, but I'd absolutely listen to offers for Horny. Just have a feeling he's going to go the way of others like Lucic, Backes, etc.. I think he'd bring a hefty return.

My guess is that you wouldn't get a return back that would justify moving him right now. If he takes a step back? Then you look at it and pray the other team didn't notice the step back.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
The big thing with the fantasies of blowing the team up is that a lot of their woes appear to be mental and effort related. It’s not a roster that’s bereft of talent or full of chronic chokers. You’ve got to address that side of this.

For all JR has complained about the players and traded them, the coaching staff and front office need similar consequences as well. JR has made some bad moves and the coaching staff isn’t a group of victims to the players spitefully failing them.
This is why I want Blueger in the lineup full time. McCann was a solid add as well. Those guys bust their ass every second they're on the ice. They're young, full of energy and want to prove they belong.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
My guess is that you wouldn't get a return back that would justify moving him right now. If he takes a step back? Then you look at it and pray the other team didn't notice the step back.

I'm not so sure "right now" matters.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I know it's not a popular opinion, but I'd absolutely listen to offers for Horny. Just have a feeling he's going to go the way of others like Lucic, Backes, etc.. I think he'd bring a hefty return.

I think some are FINALLY starting to come around on that. I know it makes it harder to process since he's a fan favorite but honestly I think it's been kinda obvious for a year or so.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm fine with exploring the idea, I just have some doubts on the Penguins getting a return that's worth their while to move him.

Yeah I hear you. Like the poster said above... they should have let his name slip months back because now is the time you could cash in big on him. Still possible to get a lot on draft day in a package, though. Also for the record still totally willing to move Kessel... even along WITH Hornqvist.

Reactions: Peat and pensfan71

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
giphy.gif

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Screw selling.......let's make some hockey trades like in the 90s. We got some big pieces to move out . Keep the core and move it out.

I remember some of those trades in the 90s thinking holy shit . But they worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad