GDT: NHL Trade Deadline 2018 | Feb. 26, 2018 | 3:00pm ET | 21:00 CET

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
he would be a very good addition as a puck-moving defense-man... not so much in the defensive help that we need though. Still think the best cost/quality option is McDonagh.
I'd love McD.

You are underselling EK though. His effect in the transition game and getting the puck out of the zone and down the ice can not be understated. Also, his contribution to the o-zone and PP point would be huge. He's basically EVERYTHING we've been looking for for years.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
You do realize Hedman is signed to a very friendly deal for 7 years after this, isn't playing like crap and until this year hasn't had any leg injuries. It's not that comparable.

That’s what the Sens want in return. You can go around it all you want with them. Saying things like Karlsson playing like crap is such a hyperbole...you don’t need to make lame claims like that to get a point across. Stamkos “played like crap” coming off an injury in which we couldn’t do off-season workouts. Whoever gets Karlsson is getting a top 3 defenseman next year and still a stud difference maker this year. Sens NEED to get a huge return for him.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Have you watched Karlsson try to play defense this year? Not much difference than him and Sergachev. Sergachev will also be improving those years, the best Karlsson may be in the past. We may still trade Johnson and Killorn but in a hockey trade, not a cap dump one like Chicago had to do with some of their players.
Stop...

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
If you can trade Serge for EK you do it in a heartbeat and do everything possible to extend him.

That's just my opinion.

You are talking like it’s just Serg for Karlsson straight up. He is a piece off a very large deal that Yzerman has to put together to net Karlsson.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think EK is a luxury for this team however waiting around for Sergachev is also luxury. One that we aren't so sure if he will ever be as good as Karlsson. The team is close to a cup now and we don't know if we will be then. So much could happen. This is why I think SY might pull the trigger. But if he doesn't hopefully we can upgrade our D. We need to.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I would not be surprised that some of the issues with Karlsson are motivation-wise... I mean, hard to give your 100% when you're playing in that organization.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
What would Hedman return? That is what the Sens want. A couple late firsts, some CHL prospects, etc ... it won’t be enough. I get the Sens fans ... for Hedman I’d want your best roster winger, your best roster young NHL player, +, +, +. It’s going to be too expensive to get Karlsson.

We also get back our best defensive forward here in next 10 days. So addition of Palat. A faceoff winning 4th line center that can play with Kunitz. And a RHD equivalent to Coburn is probably what we are looking at.
Hedman is locked up long term

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

So you're telling me Karlsson is playing like he did when he won the Norris two years ago or last year when he finished 2nd?

And saying he's playing like crap is just the same as Sens fans saying he's only playing this way because the team is so bad or he had to play with Oduya.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
My offer to Sens fans of Howden Foote Katchouk Raddysh Koekkoek 2 1sts a 2nd and a cap dump still stands

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Hard to get a very good piece back if you're not willing to move any roster player nor Serge/Foote.
Whatevs, we will settle for Mike Green I suppose.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Hm. I guess I just don't buy that TB is so bad considering they've slid and still manage to be #1.

Maybe I'm too optimistic for this group.

Who said TB is so bad? They are the worst out of those 4 teams. That's not bad. That's very good. Unfortunately, very good doesn't win you a cup these days. Some people are holding onto that great start...that was a LONG time ago.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Doug MacLean on nhl network:
"From the perspective of the Tampa Bay Lightning, everyone is talking about them being in on the Ryan McDonagh deal and probably a couple of other smaller deals but everybody's asking for one thing and we already know Steve Yzerman has told the world 'nobody off his roster.' But everybody is calling about #14 overall pick last year in Kelowna, Cal Foote. And Foote has been told and everyone who's asking about him, he is not going to be moved."

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Hard to get a very good piece back if you're not willing to move any roster player nor Serge/Foote.
Whatevs, we will settle for Mike Green I suppose.
No kidding that tells me we won’t be getting karlsson or mcdonagh the rangers and Ottawa would at least have to get a top prospect like cal foote

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Won’t move Foote?

Masin - Cernak
Hajek - Foote

Too good of an AHL top 4 to pass up. All your sweet Calder Cups are ours!!!! Ok, sorry. Got a little carried away.

I like Foote. I think he can play next to Hedman as soon as next year same as Serg played next to Stralman this year. Kid is solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad