Speculation: NHL Trade Deadline 2017

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So we gave up a conditional 7th to get rid of Filppula. Yzerman I freaking love you.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Wish we could've gotten rid of Garrison too but solid moves.

Drouin extension incoming.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Garrison might still be a #4 target for Vegas, frankly.

So yeah - they have to take somebody. Forward-wise we're likely to expose Namestnikov. Defensively - Sustr, Coburn, Garrison, and Koekkoek are options.

I don't think it's going to be Garrison just because defenseman are likely getting exposed all over (Anaheim and Minny for instance), while forwards with any skill are not so Namestnikov is probably more attractive.

That being said, there will be another flurry of trades right before the expansion draft, so there could be some interesting moves then.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
So yeah - they have to take somebody. Forward-wise we're likely to expose Namestnikov. Defensively - Sustr, Coburn, Garrison, and Koekkoek are options.

I don't think it's going to be Garrison just because defenseman are likely getting exposed all over (Anaheim and Minny for instance), while forwards with any skill are not so Namestnikov is probably more attractive.

That being said, there will be another flurry of trades right before the expansion draft, so there could be some interesting moves then.

As long as Koekkoek isn't called up the rest of the way/avoids playing 11 games, we don't have to protect him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad