NHL to Seattle Volume XVI - It's Official. Seattle to join the league for 21-22 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It's not a bad point... but how many good names are truly available?

Also, to pick up on a trend on this page of posts... I, like, really fear maple leaves.

(EDIT: Dear Cthulhu, it's going to be Sasquatch, isn't it.)

OVG had a personal veto on Sasquatch

snovalleyhockeyfan

I'm just the messenger.....
May 22, 2008
North Bend, WA

Hope he's bringing rain gear. Rain's in the forecast. Tommy, any word in the grapevine exactly what's scheduled or you think this will be a standard shake hands kiss babies tour site visit?

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
So a guarantee from Gary to have all star game in first 7 years and nhl draft before that.

Dont remember Winnipeg have those gift when they got their team

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
So a guarantee from Gary to have all star game in first 7 years and nhl draft before that.

Did Winnipeg give NHL 600M and a spanking new arena?

I think MTS Centre is never getting an All Stars game. Too small. Maybe a draft. Could be wrong though.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I would expect Winnipeg to host the draft at some point. The draft is not a money maker for the team in most of the us.

ASG is.

NHL has to sell hockey in Seattle.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Did Winnipeg give NHL 600M and a spanking new arena?

I think MTS Centre is never getting an All Stars game. Too small. Maybe a draft. Could be wrong though.

Not sure why arena size would matter for an All Star game. If so, it would always be held in Chicago.

Seattle is a way way bigger sports market than winnipeg.

Not sure why market size would matter for an All Star game. If so, it would always be held in New York.

Anyway, congratulations to Seattle for being awarded an All Star game. I'm sure the fans there will enjoy it.

:jets

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Not sure why arena size would matter for an All Star game. If so, it would always be held in Chicago.

Not sure why market size would matter for an All Star game. If so, it would always be held in New York.

Anyway, congratulations to Seattle for being awarded an All Star game. I'm sure the fans there will enjoy it.

:jets
The NBA brings the all star game to LA almost every 5 years Boston has not hosted it since the hawks where in ST Louis.In the NHL Minus Montreal(2009) and Ottawa(2012) and Toronto(2000) the northeast and original 6 team have not hosted all star games in recent history

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad