Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Hextall was also a megalomaniac who meddled in every crevice of the franchise.
Hex, Spies, and Smaller Plates - A Final Analysis of the Flyers' firing of Ron Hextall | Crossing Broad

Supposedly Comcast is also pissed about the Flyers missing the playoffs and has mandated that Fletcher accelerate their return.

I thought Hextall did a great job especially at drafting and patience, but I guess in a big market and with star players getting older, you can't really do that.

The Flyers have made themselves better with these moves but with every move they made the Rangers made some equally nice ones, so who knows if there is enough room in the playoffs for both. Having Hart for a full season might just put them over the top.

Personally I think the Canes miss out.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Different positions, but a comparison of Hayes and Connolly, Connolly's just 6 days older than Hayes and statistically Hayes has better numbers but the margin of difference is not that great. Have to think that Connolly is looking in the neighborhood of 5. Unbelievable!

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
They are already toast cap wise without even winning a series.

Matthews and Marner taking over ~20 million of cap? Ouch.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
What a streak. The City might burn if they win a 1st round matchup lol...
Wow “stat.... of... the day!....”

The Toronto Raptors have won 8 series and an NBA championship since then, and people were shot during their celebration... so I don't want to see the TML win anything ever.

Jun 15, 2007

Lou Lamoriello is honestly not a good GM. Their two higgest problems were goodbye presents from Lou.

Jun 15, 2007

Never heard of a guy actively going to other teams petitioning for an offer sheet before.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs can recover from this. Just let Marner work out his best deal with another team, then work out a trade or accept the offer sheet pricing.

They’ll take a small step back, but still have a franchise level forward to build their new stockpile around.

thecapsfan

Sep 3, 2012
The nhl seems to have developed a fetish for making the Capitals play opposing defending Stanley cup champions in the opponents home opener where they raise their banner in the past half decade.

Since they have now announced we will start the blues home games by opposing them next season.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The nhl seems to have developed a fetish for making the Capitals play opposing defending Stanley cup champions in the opponents home opener where they raise their banner in the past half decade.

Since they have now announced we will start the blues home games by opposing them next season.

No kidding. At least pick a Western Conference team or the Bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad