League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The Bruins also threw a big party congratulating themselves on their season. So basically a gigantic “We’re losers” party with an appearance from a shirtless rat :facepalm:

Reactions: RandyHolt

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The Bruins also threw a big party congratulating themselves on their season. So basically a gigantic “We’re losers” party with an appearance from a shirtless rat :facepalm:

Getting to the Final is pretty cool so I say party on. I also see a shirtless McAvoy in that first tweet.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Ehh, I'll never be mad at athletes for having a good time after they lose. Their season is over. The expectation they wallow in self pity for a month is ridiculous. I remember some outrage a while back about Mike Green singing karaoke a day or two after the Capitals got eliminated one year. Athletes need escapism too.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ehh, I'll never be mad at athletes for having a good time after they lose. Their season is over. The expectation they wallow in self pity for a month is ridiculous. I remember some outrage a while back about Mike Green singing karaoke a day or two after the Capitals got eliminated one year. Athletes need escapism too.

All fans want is at least the appearance that the players care and hurt as much as they do after a loss. Totally agree that they are humans and need to escape, but do it with some dignity.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Who were they even competing with, 8x10 in the bay area should have been more than enough to beat out anyone else. Unless Tampa was really gearing up for an insane offer which is unlikely with how messed up their cap situation is.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So Kessel has vetoed a trade from the Pens.... :popcorn:
He was in Sullivan's dog house from some of the comments I had seen, he must now be in Rutherford's as well. They just need to get his 8 team trade list and go from there and not worry about the return as long as it has very little cap coming back. Still I'm enjoying this and nothing would please me more then to see him in a Pens uniform on opening night.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Flyers & cap space:

tenor.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It is funny how fans seem to totally focus (and I don’t mean just this move) on the cap stuff and (seemingly) much less about the actual players. Different times....

I see it as the Flyers just trying to shift their roster. A cycle they seem to be stuck in, but they’re trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad