League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-2 Regular Season Edition, Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
I tore my ACL once before, I don't need to tear another one again :/

There are games for everyone, don't look for excuses

bdc12f699cd0ce32d8873b005b651bbe.gif

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Vitek is fine but we picked the wrong goalie in 2014. Ilya Sorokin and Igor Shesterkin were both taken after Vanny and this team would look a lot different with either one of those guys, especially Shesterkin who is single-handedly accelerating the Rangers rebuild and likely takes home the Vezina this year. The Rangers going from Lundqvist to Shesterkin is like the Packers going from Favre to Rodgers.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Vitek is fine but we picked the wrong goalie in 2014. Ilya Sorokin and Igor Shesterkin were both taken after Vanny and this team would look a lot different with either one of those guys, especially Shesterkin who is single-handedly accelerating the Rangers rebuild and likely takes home the Vezina this year. The Rangers going from Lundqvist to Shesterkin is like the Packers going from Favre to Rodgers.
They also traded up for Vanecek, which always suggested to me that they were interested in Demko & Nedeljkovic who went a few picks earlier and scrambled to that run rather than coveting Vanecek. Another goaltender in McDonald went before those two so a run had started and they didn't want to come away empty-handed. Vanecek seemed more like the best option in that tier/range at best. It seemed to hinge on his U18 performance alongside Vrana but he was never considered on the level of Demko or Ned. Interestingly the Rangers did take another goaltender in the second round in Halverson who never amounted to much.

I think Scott Murray deserves the scrutiny he gets mostly because he lacks the track record compared to his predecessors. It's on the goalies to be consistent but on a technical level it's hard to be convinced he's maximizing them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad