League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-2 Regular Season Edition, Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
1641561808195475291.gif

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
As much as I hate to admit it, the Pens are contenders. They look better than the any other Pen's team since their cup wins and find ways to win.
10 game W streak is gonna make even ARI look like contenders

They've been the same style under Sullivan for years, diff. now is Jarry is coming up big, ERod is having a career year, and Rust is having a G streak

Not saying PIT isn't a contender but they've had some good fortune recently like playing a decimated PHI team, 3rd pd vs STL the refs were very kind

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
and just like that PIT's winning streak is done

only saw the last 30 but DAL looked strong, came back to tie 2-2 with about 6 left and went ahead about a minute later

One thing PIT does at least as good as any team is fast, aggressive forechecking in the O-zone to force turnovers, sending 2 or 3 in really forces things, wish Caps would do more of that

Reactions: max21

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
So why is the NHL keep canceling game is it in Canada because of low attendance because of Covid fear? I saw there was no fans at the Raptors game in the NBA keeps going on…

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
So why is the NHL keep canceling game is it in Canada because of low attendance because of Covid fear? I saw there was no fans at the Raptors game in the NBA keeps going on…

They want to preserve revenues with the expectation the crowds will be back to normal sizes later on this spring. I assume having the Olympic break being canceled has allowed some schedule flexibility that the NBA doesn’t have, along with the NBA’s revenue not depending on the Raptors nearly as much as the NHL’s revenues depend on their Canadian teams.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Evander Kane on waivers for contract termination. Yes or no: the Caps should sign him to a one year deal.

I vote yes. He seems like a bad dude but this is as strong a locker room as there is in the league and a motivated Kane could be a monster as 2LW.

Reactions: max21

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Pitt started off poorly but was plagued by covid. Still the same old pests
Every year the mains start a thread proclaiming the Pens to be finished and every year they end up burning villages.

Sullivan is arguably the best coach in the NHL. Hate to admit it but he’s terrific. I was hoping they’d fire him earlier this year and he’d go out west.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Evander Kane on waivers for contract termination. Yes or no: the Caps should sign him to a one year deal.

I vote yes. He seems like a bad dude but this is as strong a locker room as there is in the league and a motivated Kane could be a monster as 2LW.

With all the Dumb shit he got away with they can finally terminate his contract because he broke AHL Covid protocols. Maybe take him at league minimum to replace Mantha. He seems like a real dickhead though

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

What? No. Bad move, bad dude, and way better things to be proud of than winning at any cost. If the Capitals do that they enter a karmic world that I want no part of.

Reactions: Calicaps

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Every year the mains start a thread proclaiming the Pens to be finished and every year they end up burning villages.

Sullivan is arguably the best coach in the NHL. Hate to admit it but he’s terrific. I was hoping they’d fire him earlier this year and he’d go out west.
I was far more lenient with Kane than others, but between the drama this off-season and the most recent suspension for faking a vaccine card, I’m done with him. Keep him away.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Isn't MacLellan on record as having had interest in Kane in the past? Reportedly there's still interest around the league. You'd think he'd have to eat some humble pie after all of the drama but I guess that depends on the extent of demand.

I'd probably pass but only if they have better deadline targets in mind. For free it would be hard to rule it out completely. He'd add speed but he's not super well-rounded, has had penalty problems and falls pretty far from an ideal standpoint. But free is free. If he's only going to command a cheap deal that could be waived and buried there's perhaps not much downside to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad