League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-2 Regular Season Edition, Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Hey if the season ends today, Ovechkin probably wins the Hart right? Silver lining

Reactions: txpd

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Im reading Sergachev saying nobody voted, missing OG was league's decision.

Anyway. It is what it is. Was probable. Keep safe.

Jun 15, 2007
Gives Ovechkin extra determination to still be a great player at age 40, if chasing Gretzky wasn't enough.

Probably a blessing in disguise for us

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Why in the world did the Olympic committee ever pick China as host city
First of all, China is a country and not a city. 2nd why not pick a city in China.
Every country should have an equal opportunity to host the Olympics.

I have no issues with the Olympics being in China. I do however think these Olympics should be postponed until next year.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It has nothing to do with Covid. NHL has to find a way to convince the Canadian government to accept relaxed testing standards for players. That's it.

If they can't figure it out, this whole season is going to go tits up. There is no other North American sports league that's in this position. I don't think people quite appreciate how difficult this situation is.
You are blaming Canada for having stricter guidelines on Covid. Maybe that's why Canada has been more successful controlling it than the US

Reactions: txpd

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
First of all, China is a country and not a city. 2nd why not pick a city in China.
Every country should have an equal opportunity to host the Olympics.

I have no issues with the Olympics being in China. I do however think these Olympics should be postponed until next year.

Being fair. China is a central government. Cities don't decide to bid on the Olympics. China decided to bid on the Olympics to feature a specific market.

Every country does have an opportunity if they want it. Its wildly expensive. Meanwhile China had the summer games in 2008. Its not like they are being shunned.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Being fair. China is a central government. Cities don't decide to bid on the Olympics. China decided to bid on the Olympics to feature a specific market.

Every country does have an opportunity if they want it. Its wildly expensive. Meanwhile China had the summer games in 2008. Its not like they are being shunned.
Sorry but I didn't like the way he worded his comment. It came off as being a bit racist.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Lol where did they go?? Was there a moat around the rink they fell in??
Found some information for you, google translate

Extremely rare in a high-level ice hockey game: two players have fallen into the pit used to collect snow which is scraped from the playing surface during breaks between thirds.

In Graben, when the "Zamboni" has finished her job, she is not clearing the snow outside the ice, but in front of the players' bench. Then she returns to her garage across the ring. This peculiarity is the first element which allowed this surreal scene to be experienced Thursday evening during the Swiss League meeting between Sierre and Langenthal.

Reactions: Corby78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad