NHL suspends season due to COVID19 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Anyone know of local businesses that might use 3D printing technology in their day-to-day/regular operations?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
e98b86dde70204822d620357aa14d38c.jpg

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Good to hear.

One thing that worries me is all the news on the meat packers today and yesterday. If we have supply chain issues, we are in for more panic shopping.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a ton of shutdowns in retail, trucking and manufacturing plants yet. Lots of human contact in all of those industries.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
f*** China. Thats all I have to say. They need to pay for this.
Yeah and the states should pay for swine flu. Let them battle it out to the death. Then we can move in and destroy what’s left.
Fight fight fight. Man I miss Don Cherry. ;)

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
China has approved early-stage human tests for two experimental vaccines to combat the new coronavirus as it battles to contain imported cases, especially from neighbouring Russia, the new “front line” in the war on COVID-19.

Russia has become China’s largest source of imported cases, with a total of 409 infections originating in the country, and Chinese citizens should stay put and not return home, the state-owned Global Times said in an editorial.

China approves experimental coronavirus vaccine trials while tightening border with Russia - The Globe and Mail

f*** China. Thats all I have to say. They need to pay for this.

This guy agrees with you

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Good to hear.

One thing that worries me is all the news on the meat packers today and yesterday. If we have supply chain issues, we are in for more panic shopping.

It worries me too - I'm in the food industry and while, yes we are taking every precaution manageable, we cannot manage people once they leave. I continue to stress the importance of social distancing and proper hygiene, but every Monday there is the inevitable rumour of the party someone had on the weekend. And now I'm losing more employees to stress and anxiety issues - these are the folks that are debilitated by fear about coming to work - and I understand their concern, ours is not a facility designed to for operation in a pandemic like this. If/when(?) it does get in I can easily see it being passed to 50% of the workforce. That would shut us down. And while ours is not the only facility doing what we do (and we aren't making fruit roll-ups), it would impact grocery store shelves.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
It worries me too - I'm in the food industry and while, yes we are taking every precaution manageable, we cannot manage people once they leave. I continue to stress the importance of social distancing and proper hygiene, but every Monday there is the inevitable rumour of the party someone had on the weekend. And now I'm losing more employees to stress and anxiety issues - these are the folks that are debilitated by fear about coming to work - and I understand their concern, ours is not a facility designed to for operation in a pandemic like this. If/when(?) it does get in I can easily see it being passed to 50% of the workforce. That would shut us down. And while ours is not the only facility doing what we do (and we aren't making fruit roll-ups), it would impact grocery store shelves.

It is quite scary. Not sure if you can say, but have they started to bring in new hires to replace the sick or off work employees?

I heard other countries are quickly moving to have the backup teams for food and other essentials.

Not sure how that works when training is required.

Metro’s fully automated distribution centres was a year too late. Looks like they would have been finished in 6 months if there was no flu.

'+ document.title.replace(/\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad