NHL sells European broadcasting rights to Medge Consulting/AMI for 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Geez I think some people need to take a chill pill, it's obviously a technical issue which they're trying to fix. Have a little patience eh, and don't blow a gasket. For the measly sum of $5 a month for every NHL game in the calendar, I'm willing to be a bit gracious when they suffer a bit of technical difficulty...
Read more and you'll realize why we suffer here. It's more than Vault...

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
The buffering is the lack of downstream data and has nothing to do with our end. I monitored it and as soon as there is no downstream it says buffering...so buffering my ass it is waiting to get the stream up again and it is very choppy due to an uneven bit rate.

The way it is working right now it's a joke because it doesn't buffer any data when it says it does. So don't think that you are downloading the game because you're not.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Vault

Surprise. Games from 21st doesn't work. Archived plus condensed.

I send another question there...the 1st answer I got was blackout blah blah... what NHL team plays in Helsinki? LOL

edit. works now

Last edited:

DutchHockeyGuy

Mar 8, 2007
Surprise. Games from 21st doesn't work. Archived plus condensed.

I send another question there...the 1st answer I got was blackout blah blah... what NHL team plays in Helsinki? LOL

edit. works now

Interestingly enough I watch the highlights through the iPad-app and have not had any problems watching the condensed highlights.

Medo

Oct 26, 2011
Hi,

Does anyone know what kind of internet connection is needed for HD streaming on GCL? Seems like nothing from NHL on TV this season here so i better get something sorted..

I have 10 mbit connection, will that do it? I wouldn't want for it to be freezing or something..

Thanks for the help.

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
Bloody ****ers!!! all games except Kings@Phoenix are up in the vault. Man this **** pisses me off. Thank you NHL great of you not allowing GCL in Sweden and no options available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fugu

Hi,

Does anyone know what kind of internet connection is needed for HD streaming on GCL? Seems like nothing from NHL on TV this season here so i better get something sorted..

I have 10 mbit connection, will that do it? I wouldn't want for it to be freezing or something..

Thanks for the help.

That should be plenty.

DutchHockeyGuy

Mar 8, 2007
To summarise the developments so far.

Countries with a deal regarding the NHL rights:

Sweden: Viasat
Norway: Viasat
Denmark: Viasat
Finland: Nelonen
Iceland: Viasat
UK minus Northern Ireland: Premier Sports
Ireland and Northern Ireland: Setanta
Czech Republic: Nova Sports
Slovakia: Novasports
Portugal: Sport TV

Countries without a deal

Netherlands: No deal
Belgium: No deal
Germany: No deal
Austria: No deal
Switzerland: No deal
Italy: No deal
Spain: No deal
Poland: no deal
Russia: no deal

Any corrections or omissions?

That means several of the bigger ice hockey markets in Europe, mainly Germany, Switzerland and Russia, are still without coverage with the season well under way.

Last edited:

Kristus Pronger

Oct 13, 2011
The hell? I've been waiting all day for last nights Ducks@Preds game, but it's still not in the vault. It seems that every other game from last night is there (and has been all day). Anyone else missing this game from the archive?

Kristus Pronger

Oct 13, 2011
Info for my fo :p:
Two games missing Kings and Ducks, ;)

Well that sucks. Both games from saturday still missing but all of yesterdays games seem to be up now (Including Kings and Ducks games). Sigh, can't watch sunday's game without spoiling saturday's, but I guess if it's still not up, it never will be. I guess they must hate pacific teams or something :shakehead

I checked Nashvilles games in the vault for the hell of it. They have played 10 games so far afaik, but only 7 of those are in the vault. Must suck to be a Nashville fan in Europe. I think it's a bit weird though, I can never remember having any problems like this with ESPN player's archive, and it's supposed to be the same as the vault right? Weird that there's suddenly so many problems.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen

That means several of the bigger ice hockey markets in Europe, mainly Germany, Switzerland and Russia, are still without coverage with the season well under way.

Denmark -also Viasat?

Edit: Yes (crap).

Last edited:

Zat

Mar 29, 2007
To summarise the developments so far.

To be accurate, Finland should have Viasat & Nelonen Pro. Nelonen Pro only shows a maximum of 5 games a week, while the Viasat channels that usually show about two games a night can be watched in Finland as well. So Viasat is the main cat and Nelonen gets the scraps.

StoneColdFlower*

This is why there's piracy. Big business screws consumers. Consumers fight back

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
This is why there's piracy. Big business screws consumers. Consumers fight back

Quite right but also that people get sick and tired of having to pay extra to watch what they like. Here in Norway you'll end up paying 400-500kr ($70-90) a month if you want both the NHL and Premier League. If you want Spanish or or Italian football or Elitserien Hockey you'll have to fork out another 200kr a month for that. It's simply too much and bordering on the ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad