Pre-Game Talk: NHL RTP - WC Qualifier: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks

Who will be the MVP of the series?

• Total voters

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
It's more of a Seattle thing than a Seahawks thing.

The Seahawks, Thunderbirds and Sounders all use the green and blue theme.

Maybe they didn't want to use green because then their colours would be too similar to the Canucks?

I liked Sockeyes better. Kraken to me sounds childish, I have trouble taking it seriously.

The jerseys and logo are good though not overly exciting and the colour scheme works. However, they're certainly not as good as the Golden Knights jerseys and logo.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
as a Sounders fan, I said right from the start that I’d be supporting them (obviously not when they play us) when they came into the league, but the Kraken name might change that. I love the logo, and the jerseys look pretty dman nice (although they need green), but the Kraken is a ridiculous name that never had any business being in the discussion. It’s what a focus group of 10 year olds would come up with

I don't mind them doing their own thing rather than following along with what the rest of the city's teams are doing.

it’s not the city’s other teams. It’s the city itself. They’re the emerald city.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I was expecting some salmon to be integrated into the jersey. Something like this:

upload_2020-7-23_21-45-0.png

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
as a Sounders fan, I said right from the start that I’d be supporting them (obviously not when they play us) when they came into the league, but the Kraken name might change that. I love the logo, and the jerseys look pretty dman nice (although they need green), but the Kraken is a ridiculous name that never had any business being in the discussion. It’s what a focus group of 10 year olds would come up with

it’s not the city’s other teams. It’s the city itself. They’re the emerald city.

Again, who cares? Toronto's team isn't named after smoke or pigs. the Penguins aren't named after steel. Chicago isn't named after wind. They're not the New York Pies.

Reactions: B33K33PING

duul

Jun 21, 2010

Broberg with Bouchard. Looks like Lagesson getting a little bump or something.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I didn't buy anything, too many options. Such an odd store though. Ray Ban/Oakley/other sunglasses, Oiler stuff, lots of saxx, other misc shirts. Then there is coffee, beard shit, hair shit, soap etc..

I like those kids of oddball stores

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Despite what Dave Tippett said on Tuesday, Evan Bouchard is now doing PK drills.

He was held out of them before.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I thought you would like it...:sarcasm:

I'm getting my game face on. Don't mess with it.;)

Gonna be easy to hate these upstarts. Scram kids, get outta my conference...

At least its named after rum. But kind of a shitty one. The rum is generic as the logo and uniform.

how am I doing with the trash talking? ;)

maybe a 4, I'm rusty as old bent barn nails

Reactions: BlackDogg

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'm getting my game face on. Don't mess with it.;)

Gonna be easy to hate these upstarts. Scram kids, get outta my conference...

At least its named after rum. But kind of a shitty one. The rum is generic as the logo and uniform.

how am I doing with the trash talking? ;)

I don't mind Kraken rum, but after your recommendations, Old Port and Baron Samedi are now my go tos.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Broberg with Bouchard. Looks like Lagesson getting a little bump or something.

I'm guessing for playoffs, a coach would perfer a more seasoned prospect. Jones and Lagesson are at the age where either they make it or the NHL career is in doubt. Hockey is a game more about consistency than about displaying skill (consistency comes first), so even if Broberg and Bouchard are more skilled, the mature prospects would be the better bet.

the plan for Bouchard was to be fully graduated starting next season. That low stakes time of the early season makes a lot more sense to start his full career, rather than being thrown into the fire in the playoffs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't mind Kraken rum, but after your recommendations, Old Port and Baron Samedi are now my go tos.

Glad you like those. Good price, can't go wrong. Picked up a Caymen Reef on sale at Wine and Beyond. Nice smooth, reasonable price for those that don't like the dark or amber stuff as much. Caymen 5 yr old if you're interested. Reasonable mixer.

I'm always glad to steer people away from the Lambs and Bacardi type stuff. Kraken is a step above that, barely. Kind of high on the molasses taste and not a lot else going on. I like subtle or more overtones, thus Baron Samedi being decent.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Glad you like those. Good price, can't go wrong. Picked up a Caymen Reef on sale at Wine and Beyond. Nice smooth, reasonable price for those that don't like the dark or amber stuff as much. Caymen 5 yr old if you're interested. Reasonable mixer.

I'm always glad to steer people away from the Lambs and Bacardi type stuff. Kraken is a step above that, barely. Kind of high on the molasses taste and not a lot else going on. I like subtle or more overtones, thus Baron Samedi being decent.
I don’t mind lambs.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

I might give it a shot. I wasn't much a fan of the Gold Seal you recommended though. Is Caymen closer to Gold Seal or the other two.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I might give it a shot. I wasn't much a fan of the Gold Seal you recommended though. Is Caymen closer to Gold Seal or the other two.

Caymen Reef is closer to Amrut Old port I would say. Its an amber. Its aged, goes down smooth. Has a cork top which is kind of a nice touch. I just bought it because it was discounted tbh. But I'd buy another at same price 28bucks. if its back to 39 definitely I go with Baron Samedi instead. Can't go wrong there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad