Pre-Game Talk: NHL RTP - WC Qualifier: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks

Who will be the MVP of the series?

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They really missed out on a good opportunity. The Kraken name is fine, but those jerseys are utter garbage. Looks like they forgot the Winnipeg Jets were a NHL team.

Imagine this instead. No NHL team has a similar color scheme. They'd be unique at least. Look beautiful to my eye. You could've kept the color scheme as well and switched the logo to something related to Kraken as well if need be.

Can't get over how bland and garbage these jerseys are that they're going with.

Those is good. But they'd have to billions in appropriation money...

can I say that in this thread?

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Give Appletons dark rum a try, its good. Especially their signature (or something like that) blend.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Give Appletons dark rum a try, its good. Especially their signature (or something like that) blend.

Afairc the Appletons signature stuff starts going up in price, and multiple types. Not sure its price justified or I never got the right one. Plus Appletons looks, like Appletons. Its like going to an Applebee restaurant. Regular Appletons is a taste that leaves one wanting more.

Not many people really like it.

Appleton Estate Signature Blend | Rum Ratings

maybe you're thinking about a different Appletons. The signature blend is not dark. its barely in Amber territory. Its one of the marketing problems with Appletons. Its hard to recommend as nobody remembers one of their 25 or so specific names, blends, etc.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I think that was AA, that was a sick rush.
It was good but it looks like he kind of got lucky with the puck getting back to him at the end. IIRC one of the Red Wings players said that he likes to skate through the entire team on the rush instead of around them. I don't think that'll work in a real game.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
It was good but it looks like he kind of got lucky with the puck getting back to him at the end. IIRC one of the Red Wings players said that he likes to skate through the entire team on the rush instead of around them. I don't think that'll work in a real game.

yeah but they said that about him while he was scoring 30 goals. honestly, this kid looks to have already slowed down (speedwise) vs. his first couple seasons and even though he just scored 30 last year he just doesnt look like a player that is capable of that at all. he looks like a 10 goal scorer. and he doesnt do enough in other aspects of the game to balance out a lack of production. SO, my hope at this point is that it is just a soulcrushing case of lack of confidence that can hopefully be built back up. otherwise its europe for this guy.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Guerin' up for playoff hockey! 9 days...

img-383900-f.jpg

Reactions: StupidGenius

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
AA looked like the best forward on Team white (Draisaitl's team). The rush was sick but the goal he scored was nice too. We need to work on better utilizing him. He's not just speed, he has one of the better shot releases on the team.

On the rush the puck came back to him because of the speed he was coming in with, it causes D to not be able to get set, McDavid gets similar "lucky" bounces too, it's not "luck" really, its forcing the defender to scramble because of the speed the forward is coming in with, sometimes the bounce will go to the D, but other times it will pop out to the attacking forward.

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
yeah but they said that about him while he was scoring 30 goals. honestly, this kid looks to have already slowed down (speedwise) vs. his first couple seasons and even though he just scored 30 last year he just doesnt look like a player that is capable of that at all. he looks like a 10 goal scorer. and he doesnt do enough in other aspects of the game to balance out a lack of production. SO, my hope at this point is that it is just a soulcrushing case of lack of confidence that can hopefully be built back up. otherwise its europe for this guy.

And how do you know? Are you an expert on the player? Has he played a full season for us? Look at you wow prescribing Europe for the guy without even playing a full season let alone 1 playoff game. I'm glad you're not coach :shakehead:shakehead

Dude had one rush in a damn scrimmage and it's the end of the line for him in your eyes

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Still no crawford? Game 1 in 9 days. Would be pretty ridiculous to expect the Oilers to be OK with a guy going from not allowed to even be around his own organization to playing you in an NHL game in 9 days.

Last edited:

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
And how do you know? Are you an expert on the player? Has he played a full season for us? Look at you wow prescribing Europe for the guy without even playing a full season let alone 1 playoff game. I'm glad you're not coach :shakehead:shakehead

Dude had one rush in a damn scrimmage and it's the end of the line for him in your eyes

I mean, this isnt my first time watching him play. He has plenty of track record in the league, he was legitimately challenging for the fastest player in the league as a rookie. He isnt top 10 anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad