Pre-Game Talk: NHL RTP - WC Qualifier: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks

Who will be the MVP of the series?

• Total voters

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Couple thoughts from the scrimmage highlights:

Upon further review of the Benson goal, it wasn't Broberg's fault like it originally looked without the zoom in. Whoever had the puck behind the net of team white had full control of it, and Broberg started backing up to the corner to give him a passing option as per usual. This player got completely stripped of the puck by Marody, and Benson was already a few feet closer to the net than Broberg. We chalk this one up to the defenceman behind the net who had FULL control of the puck's error.

Oscar Klefbom was the significant cause of I think 5? Of Blue's goals. Possibly 4, but I think 5. Last night watching the crap quality replays, I had assumed it was Lagesson or Broberg because of the silly pinches and loss of coverage. I think a couple were on Lagesson, but the rest on Klefbom. Bad night for a couple of the Swedes.

Athanasiou was flying. I hope this isn't par for the course with him as I've never seen him in practice really, but damn he looked good. Beautiful goal off a smart pass by Broberg. If he can make plays like that in real games, he will be a valuable player for us this playoffs.

Mike Smith was bad.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Couple thoughts from the scrimmage highlights:

Upon further review of the Benson goal, it wasn't Broberg's fault like it originally looked without the zoom in. Whoever had the puck behind the net of team white had full control of it, and Broberg started backing up to the corner to give him a passing option as per usual. This player got completely stripped of the puck by Marody, and Benson was already a few feet closer to the net than Broberg. We chalk this one up to the defenceman behind the net who had FULL control of the puck's error.

Oscar Klefbom was the significant cause of I think 5? Of Blue's goals. Possibly 4, but I think 5. Last night watching the crap quality replays, I had assumed it was Lagesson or Broberg because of the silly pinches and loss of coverage. I think a couple were on Lagesson, but the rest on Klefbom. Bad night for a couple of the Swedes.

Athanasiou was flying. I hope this isn't par for the course with him as I've never seen him in practice really, but damn he looked good. Beautiful goal off a smart pass by Broberg. If he can make plays like that in real games, he will be a valuable player for us this playoffs.

Mike Smith was bad.

lol, just watched the highlights and couldn't help but to come to the same conclusion at the end there. Looked very much like "bad Smith", body language and all.

Neal looked really into it in many of the highlights. Hope the break gives us some of those Neal results that we got at the start of this season.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Mike smith didn’t look sharp but it looked like the blue team was dominating. At least in grade A scoring chances. Maybe I’m wrong.

Who was that player in white who went through the whole blue team around the 4:15 mark? Was that AA? That was filthy.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
FastIllegalJohndory-size_restricted.gif

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Mike smith didn’t look sharp but it looked like the blue team was dominating. At least in grade A scoring chances. Maybe I’m wrong.

Who was that player in white who went through the whole blue team around the 4:15 mark? Was that AA? That was filthy.
Yes that was AA. I wonder if he's always like that in practice though. Some guys are just dominant in practice and useless in games. Many such cases. Hope it isn't the case for him and this is some sort of re-awakening. Imagine he comes out and is a big positive to our offence...imagine...

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Agreed. The logo especially is top notch.

You have to excuse Cloned. Anything but Seattle Supergirls would have been subpar for him. Love is blind

Now that’s a team I could get behind!

Err, wait...

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Agreed. The logo especially is top notch.

You have to excuse Cloned. Anything but Seattle Supergirls would have been subpar for him. Love is blind
Cloned probably wouldn't be an Oilers fan anymore if they were named the Seattle Supergirls.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Boooo

"Kraken" sounds like an EASHL team name though, I'll give you that. But that logo and jersey are both so clean.

What does clean mean other than boring, simple lines, and something that looked like it was put together in 5 minutes on photoshop by a 5 yr old. That thing is lol lousy. If a bantam team was wearing that I'd be looking at cashback on the jersey pricing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad