Pre-Game Talk: NHL RTP - WC Qualifier: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks

Who will be the MVP of the series?

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
extralarge.png

vs.

extralarge.png

--

Is hockey back? Looks like it is.

My-Post.jpg

(I'd suggest watching Kung Fury, it's free on YT and the best thing I've ever seen)

b4a7cead-e3b5-4103-ad1a-266b2e40c02d-jpeg.353267

--

Some interesting facts:

The Oilers last played the Blackhawks in the playoffs in 1992. The Blackhawks swept them.

The Oilers beat the Blackhawks in the Conference Finals 4-2 in 1990, and twice more in the 1980's.

Edmonton is 12-8 all-time vs. Chicago in the playoffs.

--

Go Oilers Go!

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I think we really have to throw a lot we have learned from the regular season out.
We're talking a 5 game sample after a 4 month break and we're hoping for a full tilt intensity switch to flip on immediately and bring with it the ideal execution right away.
This thing won't have patterns/groove until later, and each series (even each game) will have their own story lines.

I'm not saying we don't deploy a lot of the things that worked over larger samples in the regular season. Nuge-Drai-Yamamoto is a no brainer.
My point is we may not see the seamless transition from where the season left off.

Execution is going to be a hell of a task to get right in this scenario.
Just hope the bounces go our way ultimately.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Hmm, which Supergirl GIF should I post to express my excitement?

Any news on which time slots the Oilers will likely be getting? I'm hoping we don't get many 4:30 PM games, those are 1:30 AM here.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Are we talking posts per 60 and ‘like’ Corsi and such?
I was interested in manually tracking various (what I consider to be) unique stats related to our defencemen. Wondering about a solid method of storing the data, how to present it nicely, etc.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I was interested in manually tracking various (what I consider to be) unique stats related to our defencemen. Wondering about a solid method of storing the data, how to present it nicely, etc.

Ask this is the "Numbers" forum. You'll be much more likely to get answers there.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hmm, which Supergirl GIF should I post to express my excitement?

Any news on which time slots the Oilers will likely be getting? I'm hoping we don't get many 4:30 PM games, those are 1:30 AM here.
Apparently it's 12PM and 8:30 PM x 2 for the first three games. Not confirmed yet though.

As for which GIF, you now have 5 seasons worth of material to use, so... ;)

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Apparently it's 12PM and 8:30 PM x 2 for the first three games. Not confirmed yet though.

As for which GIF, you now have 5 seasons worth of material to use, so... ;)
That would be super. One game at 9 PM and two at 5:30 AM. This board is in for a superfest when game day finally arrives. Like most superfans of the Oilers, I'm superbly excited; I'll go to the supermarket beforehand and buy some Betty Crocker SuperMoist cake to enjoy while watching the game on my Super UHD TV. It's funny, Supergirl has become a superstition for us. It's like we think the superhero will sway some supernatural Hockey Gods that supervise the playoffs. My prediction: the Oilers superstars will make them the superior team in the series.

See if you can count all 14 "super"s.

Reactions: Duder54 and Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That would be super. One game at 9 PM and two at 5:30 AM. This board is in for a superfest when game day finally arrives. Like most superfans of the Oilers, I'm superbly excited; I'll go to the supermarket beforehand and buy some Betty Crocker SuperMoist cake to enjoy while watching the game on my Super UHD TV. It's funny, Supergirl has become a superstition for us. It's like we think the superhero will sway some supernatural Hockey Gods that supervise the playoffs. My prediction: the Oilers superstars will make them the superior team in the series.

See if you can count all 14 "super"s.

Maybe @Llamamoto is the better language expert after all. ;)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
There are five reasons I think we will win this series.

1. Starpower. Nuff said.
2. Underrated defense. Our d-core is very deep when healthy.
3. Power play and penalty kill. We will have the clear edge when it comes to special teams.
4. Effort. Yamo and Co. will outclass Kane, Strome, and DeBrincat, players whose work-ethic often frustrate Hawks fans.
5. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Something tells me he's going to come up huge these playoffs.

Now read the first letter of each list item. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad