Pre-Game Talk: NHL RTP - WC Qualifier: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks

Who will be the MVP of the series?

• Total voters

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
haha, sorry, I didn't even check this one tbh. But who knows what he's been doing the lst few months to stay in tiptop shape?

More golfing and binge watching Netflix?

Which series offer aerobic entertainment?

(I know this is double entendre is going to get things heated up here..)

hehe
Why are you so worked up over what a player who doesnt even play for the oilers.

Reactions: TB12

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
McDavid has made significant, visible gains in each off season until the last one. Last year he was a shadow of himself in the beginning. So its interesting to see how he looks like.

I don't know that I would go so far as to say he was a shadow of his former self, he was still dominant at times. But you could certainly see that he wasn't quite right, and there was a noticeable difference. I thought he improved over the season though and was starting to look more like himself near the end, especially when RNH was put on his line and he had a good player to play with again. Your overall point holds though, that this break has allowed McDavid to basically get a normal "off-season" of training in, and at his still young age (23) it wouldn't be at all crazy to expect to see some improvement in his game. Even if that improvement is only to get him back to physical ability he had prior to the knee injury.

Reactions: Rodd from Leduc

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
haha, sorry, I didn't even check this one tbh. But who knows what he's been doing the lst few months to stay in tiptop shape?

More golfing and binge watching Netflix?

Which series offer aerobic entertainment?

(I know this is double entendre is going to get things heated up here..)

hehe

I actually also thought that comment was strange and didn't look too professional. In many ways Laine is different from typical Finns and to be honest I don't always like his attitude, but it's not that long before the interview when I read comments from some NHL players who said they hadn't been on the ice either.

The situation in the spring was really dramatic here in Europe so many probably felt it was highly unlikely the NHL would actually manage to continue in the summer.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
Imagine a poll where you have slugs like McDavid and P. Kane on the list while leaving out Larsson? Disturbing lack of hockey knowledge. HFOil has fallen off a cliff.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Cloned

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I actually also thought that comment was strange and didn't look too professional. In many ways Laine is different from typical Finns and to be honest I don't always like his attitude, but it's not that long before the interview when I read comments from some NHL players who said they hadn't been on the ice either.

The situation in the spring was really dramatic here in Europe so many probably felt it was highly unlikely the NHL would actually manage to continue in the summer.

Can't blame him for not thinking a hockey playoff was going to be going on this summer. hell I spent months doubting anything would come to pass and I'm still in I'll believe it when the puck drops territory. But I can blame a pro athlete all day, any day, for thinking or saying that playing lots of golf and watching lots of TV is staying in tip top shape. I think he's always going to be a tool and might rival Puljujarvi in stupidity. But unlike Jesse at least he scores goals and can actually play in the NHL.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hope we get to see a bunch of footage tomorrow at the first practice. I'm becoming upset and agitated at the Oilers twitter page for only uploading 60 second compilations.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Hope we get to see a bunch of footage tomorrow at the first practice. I'm becoming upset and agitated at the Oilers twitter page for only uploading 60 second compilations.
Well, other teams can see their Twitter too. Maybe it's a good idea not to show the whole world what your game plan is. Strategy my friend.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Well, other teams can see their Twitter too. Maybe it's a good idea not to show the whole world what your game plan is. Strategy my friend.
Don't think players skating around shooting pucks or doing 2 on 1's is much strategy to look into.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I could see Yamamoto getting chippy with Kane. For that matter I hope the entire team does their best to shut him down.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It's not.

The core duo of three Stanley Cups with a Conn Smythe apiece vs two regular season warriors.

Until McJesus/Drai prove themselves in the playoffs, they won't be getting the benefit of doubt.
So if you are betting on one duo these playoffs you would pick Kane+Toews in your bracket?

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Awe man, you're in on this too now? You're cool, I like you.. so let me put it this way:

When you're preparing for a fight do you send video of yourself practicing to your opponent? No! Because he might spot something that your coaches didn't notice.

He might notice you dropping your left a little bit when you throw a right hook or leaving your liver vulnerable... Whatever.. They will notice!

The same goes for Hockey. If they hand out video of how the Oilers are playing currently it will give the opposition time to figure out the little chinks in the armor. Not a good strategy at all.

I'm sure if Dave Tippett had his way nobody would see what is going on in his practices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad