Pre-Game Talk: NHL RTP - WC Qualifier: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks

Who will be the MVP of the series?

• Total voters

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I mentioned it once before but the X factor for Chicago is clearly their 5 recent top 10 picks, 2 being 3rd overall and one being Adam Boqvist. There is a legit chance of a Makar style surge from someone in this crowd and that will be the way they win if they’re to have any chance. We know what to expect from their veterans and even if Kane manages to break through for a few points we will likely be able to manage them. No one is talking about the rookies and that’s the real danger imo.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Short leash for smith. I’m assuming that’s who’s starting. If he starts to stink like a bad fart, take him out quicker than you would stained underwear. Koskinen was absolutely red hot near the end. I still think he should be the starter. But such as life.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
My little man is ready for the playoffs!
upload_2020-7-12_10-26-0.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Random comment but what an out and out hoser;

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-winnipeg-jets-patrik-laine-post-quarantine-hockey-1.5580509

Laine said he's been doing his best to stay in shape, playing lots of golf, and watching movies to pass the time.

I don't know whats sadder, that this was printed not even realizing the lol comment, or that something like it was stated.

In anycase Laine hasn't been skating, at all, for several months, with no idea why.

I really dislike this newer breed of Finnish players. Whatever happened to the consummate hardworking professionals like Kurri, Selanne, Tikkanen etc.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Apparently Wells is replacing Green on the practice roster. Goalie for D.
Also sounds like the team doesn't expect Rodrigue and Broberg to make the roster, just wanted a look at camp

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Now that this is deemed part of the playoffs I’m not quite as upset that they have to play this series.

I’m getting more skeptical all the time that hockey gets played.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Random comment but what an out and out hoser;

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-winnipeg-jets-patrik-laine-post-quarantine-hockey-1.5580509

Laine said he's been doing his best to stay in shape, playing lots of golf, and watching movies to pass the time.

I don't know whats sadder, that this was printed not even realizing the lol comment, or that something like it was stated.

In anycase Laine hasn't been skating, at all, for several months, with no idea why.

I really dislike this newer breed of Finnish players. Whatever happened to the consummate hardworking professionals like Kurri, Selanne, Tikkanen etc.

That article is from May 22nd.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Pretty exciting to think of what an athlete like McDavid does with this time particularly with such an incredible injury a year ago and following rehab.The special ones have a particular otherworldly focus and you know that no player has used this time more intensely. I think McDavid is sometimes going to appear at speeds that don’t seem human.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I voted Neal as I think he'll bust out of the gate again like he did at the start of the season. He'll fizzle later on, but in this series I can see him finishing.

However, wasn't a vote I'd ever want to vote for now.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Svane

Jul 5, 2020
Pretty exciting to think of what an athlete like McDavid does with this time particularly with such an incredible injury a year ago and following rehab.The special ones have a particular otherworldly focus and you know that no player has used this time more intensely. I think McDavid is sometimes going to appear at speeds that don’t seem human.
McDavid has made significant, visible gains in each off season until the last one. Last year he was a shadow of himself in the beginning. So its interesting to see how he looks like.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That article is from May 22nd.

haha, sorry, I didn't even check this one tbh. But who knows what he's been doing the lst few months to stay in tiptop shape?

More golfing and binge watching Netflix?

Which series offer aerobic entertainment?

(I know this is double entendre is going to get things heated up here..)

hehe

Reactions: yukoner88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad