GDT: NHL Qualifier Game 4: Toronto at Columbus | 8 PM 8/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Absolutely insane for these two games to go down like that. Foudy was flying out there. On Sunday they can’t let Tavares and Matthews have clean looks like they did tonight. Those guys are pure finishers.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We appreciate the support of visiting fans. However, if y'all wish to engage in trash-talk with other visiting fans while you are here, you will not find us welcoming hosts. Please take that to the playoffs forums, where that is accepted. Thanks.

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
Never get too down guys, especially with Torts as coach. You can definitely skate with this team, pressure is all on them in game 5. Go Jackets, grind the shit out of them.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
you guys need to chill out

this same sh* happened to the Leafs a few years back and it also got them eliminated....... so they know full well how it feels

at least you still have another game to go

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Absolutely insane for these two games to go down like that. Foudy was flying out there. On Sunday they can’t let Tavares and Matthews have clean looks like they did tonight. Those guys are pure finishers.
Tavares is crap, Matthews on the other hand... Now he can bury it.

As a Habs fan I was looking at a perfect night. Hans win, Oil lose, Leafs lose and then we all know what happened.

Tomorrow should be a good match. Let's go Jackets, take them out!

Reactions: rotsbu

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
We got Leafed, or they Jacketed us... that is to say, they're the ones who can't feel good despite our collapse. At the end of the day Game 4 won't matter if we win Game 5. I hope Torts is measured in his evaluation of the late game and keeps his head cool going forward. We've gotten out of plenty of holes we dug ourselves.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I'm over the John Tortorella experience

-Ices Scott Harrington over Andrew Peele, Adam Clendening, Markus Nutivaara, and Ryan Murray (if healthy). Inexcusable.

-Doesn't call timeout after the first or second Toronto goals. Inexcusable. Your guys were lazy. Call the timeout and settle them down.

Torts is a moron who can't be bothered to answer any questions postgame. This team needs to move on from him.

Reactions: Bedards Dad

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm over the John Tortorella experience

-Ices Scott Harrington over Andrew Peele, Adam Clendening, Markus Nutivaara, and Ryan Murray (if healthy). Inexcusable.

-Doesn't call timeout after the first or second Toronto goals. Inexcusable. Your guys were lazy. Call the timeout and settle them down.

Torts is a moron who can't be bothered to answer any questions postgame. This team needs to move on from him.

Are we even this far if not for Torts?

- I would rather have seen something like Kukan - Peeke but you can see why he wanted a heavier stopper on the pairing. The other bottom pair D are all lightweights.

- Calling a timeout there gives an extra shift to the Matthews unit. The Jackets players know well enough how to defend, the biggest contribution the coach could make in a timeout wouldn't make much of a difference compared to the difference Matthews-Tavares-Marner-Nylander can make.

- Public relations ought to be pretty low on our wish list for coaching attributes.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Scott Harrington is terrible, so no, I can't see why he played.

Nathan Gerbe played 7:42 in an OT playoff game. Amazing.

Reactions: CPTN71

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Bottom line is the entire team failed. Doesn't matter who was inserted. Playing Harrington didn't lose it. Not giving Gerbe more time didn't lose it. You want to be a serious cup contender, you get it done in the last 4 minutes. You want to be the elite player, you pot the empty net goal. You want to be the elite goalie, you don't give up that many goals in that short of time, that late. They didn't get it done. They have Sunday to prove they belong. Get it done.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Me watching the last 3:33

giphy.gif

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This really hurts. I suppose we all have different ways of coping when it hurts.

I make froofy posts about the vagaries of fate, you lynch the Jack Adams winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad