GDT: NHL Qualifier Game 4: Toronto at Columbus | 8 PM 8/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Well that must stand as the worst collapse in franchise history. I strongly agree with the comment that Torts should have called a timeout after it became 3-2 so that he could get everyone better organized.

My dad and I couldn't believe it as it was (not) happening.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

nyijedi

Nov 29, 2014
I've never been more upset about another team's loss than this one (F that snake Tavares).

I really, really, REALLY hope you guys pull it off on Sunday.

Damn that sucked.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'll be honest, I'm pretty crushed and demoralized right now and I don't even play on the team.

Hopefully the team is more pissed off than anything else. They screwed the pooch to a degree I still can't quite wrap my head around. Is this real life?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Here’s the thing . It’s down to one game . Most likely Murray plays , Zach we will see . Worst case , we lose game 5 , have almost a 13% shot of getting a gem of a talent unlike this franchise may have ever had . That doesn’t work out , we are still getting a stud in this draft . Team is loaded with young talent that is only going to get much better , meanwhile Pittsburgh’s window is probably closed. Guys like Bemstrom , Texier , Foudy , Pld, Zach and Seth still have a lot of room to grow , not to mention Marchenko as well . We have 2 highly skilled goalies .

Option 2 , we win Sunday and all the above is true , other than the possible lotto pick, we get Anderson back most likely , and team gets valuable playoff experience

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Who cares, the goalie doesn’t matter at all at this point.

I'm in the same boat, TBH.

I also think Elvis is mentally screwed. He's got that Bob mentality where, if something starts going wrong, it totally goes wrong. But, OTOH, Korpi is just kind of blah.

No win situation. So I guess Elvis?

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Here’s the thing . It’s down to one game . Most likely Murray plays , Zach we will see . Worst case , we lose game 5 , have almost a 13% shot of getting a gem of a talent unlike this franchise may have ever had . That doesn’t work out , we are still getting a stud in this draft .
Mid 1st rounders haven’t been too kind to this team. To say they would get a stud at that spot is a bit of a stretch.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If there's one thing we've learned in this series it is that the next game is a different game. Or maybe the same, who knows.

Hockey is the most random sport. The Jackets hadn't really out-earned the Leafs to a three-zip lead late in the third, and the Leafs didn't really out-earn the Jackets to three straight goals in the final minutes. It was more like they earned one and two extra pucks went in. I'm not going to spin some yarn about how this is because of this or that player's decision and I'm going to barf having to read all of the concocted narratives about it.

Reactions: CPTN71 and hn777

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If there's one thing we've learned in this series it is that the next game is a different game. Or maybe the same, who knows.

Hockey is the most random sport. The Jackets hadn't really out-earned the Leafs to a three-zip lead late in the third, and the Leafs didn't really out-earn the Jackets to three straight goals in the final minutes. It was more like they earned one and two extra pucks went in. I'm not going to spin some yarn about how this is because of this or that player's decision and I'm going to barf having to read all of the concocted narratives about it.

Hey you wanted to talk about games a few weeks ago :sarcasm:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm in the same boat, TBH.

I also think Elvis is mentally screwed. He's got that Bob mentality where, if something starts going wrong, it totally goes wrong. But, OTOH, Korpi is just kind of blah.

No win situation. So I guess Elvis?

Korpi made some sick saves when he was in there, I'm not going to call him "blah" anymore. Should have the perfect amount of rest to jump right in.

I think they can rally around either keeper. I'm more worried about the Werenski situation. If he can't play that's really tough to overcome.

Reactions: CPTN71 and thebus88

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Need a new tv.. That was something so ****** ****** ****** **** ****** bad that i have ever seen. 3goal lead melts in 4minutes. HOW THE f*** THAT IS POSSIBLE IF YOU ARE PROFESSIONAL? I think serie is over and even if its not next round will be destruction.

Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Need a new tv.. That was something so ****** ****** ****** **** ****** bad that i have ever seen. 3goal lead melts in 4minutes. HOW THE f*** THAT IS POSSIBLE IF YOU ARE PROFESSIONAL? I think serie is over and even if its not next round will be destruction.
At about the time we went up 2-0, Leafs fans were saying similar things about imminent doom.

I suspect all kinds of doom are a mite overrated in this series. It's been back-and-forth throughout. I still don't know if we're going to win it, but I don't think it's over.

Reactions: majormajor

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
At about the time we went up 2-0, Leafs fans were saying similar things about imminent doom.

I suspect all kinds of doom are a mite overrated in this series. It's been back-and-forth throughout. I still don't know if we're going to win it, but I don't think it's over.
Perfect non committal... can't get in trouble when never taking a stand eh....

I say the Elvis will start and the Blue Jackets will win the series.... Book it!!!

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad