GDT: NHL Qualifier Game 4: Toronto at Columbus | 8 PM 8/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
That's a tough loss. Have to come back on Sunday. Its going to be hard with no Werenski if he can't go.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Torts really should have called a timeout late in the 3rd , pretty inexcusable honestly , especially with Werenski and Murray out . Anyone that wants to bitch about Elvis , he saved 48-52 shots , and like 21 of 21 last game . Your barking up the wrong tree if that’s what you choose to focus on after this game

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
If we've lost Werenski for the duration, I don't like our chances in the next round
I don’t like our chances of *making* it to the next round. That loss just glaringly showed this team’s lack of maturity.

Plus we have too much dead weight.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Hilarious to hear Jody says Torts hold guys accountable to determine ice time yet he continues to trot out Foligno.

If Torts really holds guys accountable, Nyquist should be watching from the stands on Sunday.

Reactions: Halfboard

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
3-0 lead with under 4 minutes left and multiple empty net opportunities. There's no excuse for losing.

This right here. Yeah penalty was stupid but Foligno made a really good play to set up Boone for 3-0. That should have been it. So much wrong with the remainder of regulation. I can’t even list all of it.

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
Morgan Reilly sold that pretty good... and it cost the game.. maybe the series...
upload_2020-8-7_22-18-8.jpeg

Feel terrible for you guys.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I was stunned how poor Nyquist looked toward the end of the game, hell, Foudy looked more poised/dangerous than him

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
All game I felt like Leafs were gonna score, like they were just dangerous enough and we were asking too much of Elvis. Felt risky, even at 2-0. But most of the third was good, and when it went 3-0 I thought ‘well, maybe not.’

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Why we lost summarized:

Piss poor goaltending in the clutch

Dead legs due to taking advantage of being up 3 goals in the last 4 minutes, and thinking Toronto would roll over and quit

Multiple missed ENG because thats just who we are.

A near unplayable line because they're just so bad (Gerbe-Wennberg-Robinson, with Wennberg getting some leeway due to being a good PKer)

A near unplayable pairing due to them being bad together (Kukan-Harrington)

An unwatchable PP that gives up more opportunities than creates

Bad penalties

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
No jinx "gotcha" call outs...

50,000 Jacket fans thought we had the game won with 4 minutes to go, if there is a blame it's the Blue Jackets for playing like jerks with 4 minutes to go...

CBJ had a 3 goal lead with less than four minutes to go in the game... I can't remember many teams giving up three goals in three minutes... We collapsed, kudos to the Leafs....

If the Jackets lose game five then start over...

Reactions: DJAnimosity

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
All game I felt like Leafs were gonna score, like they were just dangerous enough and we were asking too much of Elvis. Felt risky, even at 2-0. But most of the third was good, and when it went 3-0 I thought ‘well, maybe not.’

yeah I knew 2-0 was never gonna cut it. I’ll admit at 3-0 I felt fine. But as soon as it went 3-1, I had very bad thoughts, and each and every one of them came true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->