nhl players that smoke

CalEh

Oct 28, 2017
Manhattan Beach, California
Actually, no I’m not, McDavid grew up in Newmarket literally 20 minutes away from where I live. I went to high school in King City which is 5 minutes away from Newmarket and I know and am acquainted with multiple people who know him and are good friends with him. He flies them into Edmonton all the time and did last year for the playoff series against the Sharks. Yes, McDavid smokes bare butts these guys wouldn’t just make this up to cause a stir about their own friend lmfao. So relax there, pal and deal with that, it’s nothing to deal with even anyway he could smoke like a chimney and out skate anyone in the league..

King City is not 5 minutes from Newmarket. Sir William Mulock SS, where Connor originally went (and is 2 min walk from where his parents live), is the closest high school to King City.

King City secondary, where I assume you attended, is 15km away. Unless you're driving 180km/h, then it's more than 5 minutes. Speed limits on those roads max out at 80km, so by simple math it's 20 minutes.

Your lose all credibility immediately.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
King City is not 5 minutes from Newmarket. Sir William Mulock SS, where Connor originally went (and is 2 min walk from where his parents live), is the closest high school to King City.

King City secondary, where I assume you attended, is 15km away. Unless you're driving 180km/h, then it's more than 5 minutes. Speed limits on those roads max out at 80km, so by simple math it's 20 minutes.

Your lose all credibility immediately.

I went to St. Thomas of Villanova College which is close to King City secondary, now that you've spent a good amount time ironing out proximities and what have you, the point I was trying to make is that several people I know, including current NHLers like Sam Bennett have told me this. Bennett is another case though wow, all this guy has been doing this summer is partying and drinking almost every day. Yeah, Connor McDavid does smoke butts and multiple people who know him and current NHLers have told me...get over it already...

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Actually, no I’m not, McDavid grew up in Newmarket literally 20 minutes away from where I live. I went to high school in King City which is 5 minutes away from Newmarket and I know and am acquainted with multiple people who know him and are good friends with him. He flies them into Edmonton all the time and did last year for the playoff series against the Sharks. Yes, McDavid smokes bare butts these guys wouldn’t just make this up to cause a stir about their own friend lmfao. So relax there, pal and deal with that, it’s nothing to deal with even anyway he could smoke like a chimney and out skate anyone in the league..

And be hacking up a lung on the bench after a shift of skating at the speed that he skates. I doubt that.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Retired, and not sure if he was ever a big smoker in terms of cigarettes, but I know Osgood has talked about his love for fine Cigars a few times. Also have seen him at a Cigar Bar (I used to live walking distance from his house).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm going to say there are zero guys that smoke a pack a day. Maybe a few cigarettes when they're out on the town, sure. Cigars every now and then on the golf course or at a BBQ? No doubt. There are probably many players who smoke but I'd guess there are no NHLers remaining that one could conceivably classify as "a smoker".
It's been six months, so I want to say again that there is a huge difference between smoking now and again and being a smoker. I smoke 4-5 cigars a month and I smoke cigarettes 1-2 nights a month. Does that make me a smoker?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Smoking cigarettes? Maybe as a social thing after having some brews or out at the club/bar but no legit smokers.

You can bet plenty smoke the green though. :thumbu: I know of several who do for sure but site rules permit me from naming them.

Smoking green is about to be legal in Canada, and is already legal in certain states. That’s the equivalent of saying “I know of few NHL players who drink alcohol.” Who cares.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Makes your performance plummet so personally I would be very surprised if any of them did actually smoke.

I truly wish smoking publicly was banned completely. It's a total pain having to always look out for smokers, hold your breath while walking past them etc.

How difficult is it to not bother others?
Overdramatic much?

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Hard to imagine there would be real chain smokers anymore in NHL. You need your lungs to have enough good aerobic metabolism to be able to perform enough well. Even with 2 minutes shifts on ice, 40-50 tobaccos per day takes away a lot from your fitness, making recovery times much longer. Of course negatives of heavy smoking may appear less dramatic with athletes of otherwise good health and body condition, than for casual chimneys, but certainly serial smokers won't reach the top level in the top level hockey anymore.

I have an idea about this matter, being 20+ years chain smoker of average 40-45 tobaccos/day, total nicotine addict, and not very proud of it.

One or two per day, I think wouldn't make any difference. You inhale that amount of shit when walking on a street of any city.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad