NHL players from your hometown

BamBamCam*

Surprisingly, my American town has quite a few players that have made the jumped to the NHL.

Bobby Allen
Jim Carey (moved to Weymouth as a youth, we used to tool him playing shinny)
Mark Holden
Gerry McDonald
Bobby Sheehan
Kurt Walker
Tim Sweeney (ex-teammate of mine in WYH)
Brian Noonan
Cleon Daskalakis (not sure if he was Weymouth or Hingham)

Not bad for a small American town.

Prophecy35

Dec 9, 2009
Some players were born near my hometown (few hours away), however, no NHL players were born there. Not surprising with a population of 9,000.

tarpilot

Mar 22, 2011
Mine's produced quite a few. Joe & Scott Thornton, Jeff Carter, Jeff Hackett, Craig MacTavish, Drew Doughty. A friend of mine is Nazem Kadri's cousin. There are others I'm probably forgetting.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Dean Arsene, Ryan Craig, Kyle Cumiskey, Michael Funk, Brad Moran, & David Van Der Gulik. That's a sad list. Grand total of 364 gp, 43 g, 65a, -36, and & 243 PIMs. Apparently I used to go to school with Kyle Cumiskey.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
According to hockey-reference.com alphabetical order.

Karl Alzner, Derek Bekar, Ken Berry, Kris Chucko, Chris Joseph, Jason LaBarbera, Dwayne Lowdermilk, Brian Lundberg, Mike MacWilliam, Darren McCarty, Byron Ritchie, Cliff Ronning, Joe Sakic, Claudio Scremin and Greg Zanon.

I'd say one name kinda stands out above the rest, as in, he's responsible for about 2/3rd of the total points...

puckguy11

This Space for Rent
Jan 31, 2010
Somewhere in MN
Shjon Podein (Won the Stanley Cup in 2001 with the Avs and is a close friend), Johnny Pohl and Doug Zmolek. He didn't make the NHL, but we also have a member of the "Miracle on Ice" team as well (Eric Strobel).

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Bill Guerin was the closest, being the next town over (Wilbraham, MA).

Now I live one town over from where Chris Conner, Mike Modano, and possibly more that I'm unaware of are from. I'm in the Detroit suburbs now and there's a lot more from surrounding cities.

6 8 5 13

Oct 26, 2009
From hockey-reference.com:

Here's a list of players born in Burlington, ON, the city where I've lived most of my life, and call my hometown:

Jeff Christian
Adam Creighton
Dan Currie
Mark Lawrence
Scott McKay
Mark Reeds
Ron Sedlbauer
Mark Visheau
Chad Wiseman

Here's a list of players born in North York, ON, the former city (and now area of Toronto) where I was born:

Jason Allison
Chris Campoli
Jason Dawe
Mike Fountain
Matt Moulson
Phil Oreskovic
Gary Roberts
Brian Wilks

Note: there are probably more players from North York who have their birth place listed as "Toronto".

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Paul Boutilier
Nelson Burton
Norm Ferguson
John Hanna
Parker MacDonald
Don MacLean
Al MacNeil
Mike McPhee
Kevin Morrison
Dan Polizani
Some people would also claim various other players including Al MacInnis.

The only person from Sydney in the HOF is Danny Gallivan. He was well known for being extremely generous to anyone from his hometown who was in Montreal, and if he knew you had come from Sydney or anywhere in Cape Breton he would let you in to watch the practices and bring you down to meet some of the players after practice. I have pictures with various members of the 1983 Oilers because of him.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Only four players listed in my hometown. All of them either college or junior players. If I can count Milwaukee which is like 25 minutes away then Dave Steckel and Drew Stafford. :)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Jeff Deslauriers
Nicolas Laliberté
(Denis Gauthier) --- says he's born in Montreal, but his parents have been living in my hometown for... many years.

That's from a 100 000 people city, which is probably the city with the lowest NHLer per people.

Actually, if we take out Gauthier from the equation, there are as much F-1 drivers that were born in my hometown than former NHL'ers.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
27 players.

From Mickey Roach, born May 1, 1895, to Chris Bourque born January 29, 1986....

....(actually Benn Ferriero b. April 29, 1987 is the latest, but I couldn't resist using Bourque's name, lol).

EastCoastSensFan

Mar 7, 2011
Pictou N.S.
Coming from small town Pictou in Nova Scotia not manny come from here.

We have Joey McDonald
Also from near by New Glasgow there is Colin White and Jon Simm as well as Derick Walser ( he played a few games)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad