GDT: NHL - non Bruins- Draft Picks and Deals discussion.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Grundinin is still out there?

Not sure about trading off your pick when that guy was available.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Think you're undervaluing Gryz slightly here.
Also Craig Smith is a complimentary winger who can pot 15-20 goals. I'm only moving him if Lysell makes the team.

Your probably right. Edmonton's pro scouting sucks so maybe they like Gryz and Smith.

Reactions: Root

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Pretty sure Gryz has positive value all over the league my friend.......just because you don't like him doesn't mean others dont.

In all seriousness I do agree Gryz has positive value. I don't like how he was used last year (as Carlo's partner a lot of the time).

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
In all seriousness I do agree Gryz has positive value. I don't like how he was used last year (as Carlo's partner a lot of the time).
Miller/McQuaid is a perfect stylistic partner for Gryz on a 3rd pair, 2nd PP time........never should see the ice on the PK

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Miller/McQuaid is a perfect stylistic partner for Gryz on a 3rd pair, 2nd PP time........never should see the ice on the PK
I sort of disagree. Grzlcyk's biggest impact is puck retrieval and breakouts. What the hell is some immobile defense-only guy bringing to that pairing? They'd be great if you get stuck and need someone to start clobbering in front of the net or pinning someone on the boards, but that kind of partner seems like they'd hamper Gryzlcyk's strengths more than cover his weaknesses.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Oft injured transition defenseman. He isnt an offensive guy or defensive guy, transition is his only attribute. He doesnt have much trade value, 3rd rounder or later or sweetener in deal. He'll never be the center piece in one.

Reactions: Fenian24

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I like him with Clifton and McAvoy. I actually think Gryz is better off with a guy with more skill to read and react off of. One of his strengths in along the offensive blueline working in tandem with his partner. Giving him guys with no offensive ability I don't think suits him even though traditionally you would think the smaller guy/big strong guy tandem would be the way to go.

Oft injured transition defenseman. He isnt an offensive guy or defensive guy, transition is his only attribute. He doesnt have much trade value, 3rd rounder or later or sweetener in deal. He'll never be the center piece in one.

As the center piece of a package to get a better player? I don't see that happening either.

Reactions: mar2kbos

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Im glad they brought up SJ and Grier literally joining right before the draft. I was thinking it must be weird having the team make picks without any influence from the GM (or little influence) prior to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad