Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Reactions: Pavelski2112

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Good for him to make the decision he feels is best for him and his family

All the keyboard warriors on the playoff board furiously bitching and moaning through the tears in their eyes and the dorito dust on their fingertips can eat shit, sports fans are the worst

Yes they are, i remember back to a coach back in the early 2000's that took time off because his son died or was diagnosed with a terminal disease and the fans just ripped them a new one.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Good for him to make the decision he feels is best for him and his family

All the keyboard warriors on the playoff board furiously bitching and moaning through the tears in their eyes and the dorito dust on their fingertips can eat shit, sports fans are the worst
I think he made the right decision. But it couldn't have come at a worse time. Right in the middle of a series and a day after he made comments that this isn't the playoffs. :help:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think he made the right decision. But it couldn't have come at a worse time. Right in the middle of a series and a day after he made comments that this isn't the playoffs. :help:

That probably made the decision easier for him, if you don't think what you are doing is worth it or right then it makes it easier to say i don't want to do this.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
That probably made the decision easier for him, if you don't think what you are doing is worth it or right then it makes it easier to say i don't want to do this.
Sure, but imagine throwing the whole league, and every player participating, under the bus by saying it's not a real playoffs then bailing. Should have just not said anything.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Sure, but imagine throwing the whole league, and every player participating, under the bus by saying it's not a real playoffs then bailing. Should have just not said anything.

To be fair boston players and fan are the one team in this entire thing that should be the most upset. They went from presidents winner to 4th in there conference.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The niggling thought I cannot get out of my head is the counterfactual where the bubble was happening in the regular season and the players were getting paid. Does Rask still drop out, or is he motivated by his paycheck?

Some of the frustration is that Rask has pierced the verisimilitude of "playoff hockey". Rask dropped out, but I wonder how many players each year aren't giving it their all because, in the ultimate sense of things, it doesn't matter that much.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
The niggling thought I cannot get out of my head is the counterfactual where the bubble was happening in the regular season and the players were getting paid. Does Rask still drop out, or is he motivated by his paycheck?

Some of the frustration is that Rask has pierced the verisimilitude of "playoff hockey". Rask dropped out, but I wonder how many players each year aren't giving it their all because, in the ultimate sense of things, it doesn't matter that much.

Most pro athletes are tremendously motivated (they wouldn't reach the top level in their sport without it) and seek recognition for their talents, including a championship, though they're only willing to tolerate the sacrifices for so long and for sufficient compensation (like any of us).

That's not always true, of course - former MLB player Jeff King supposedly retired two days after he reached the maximum service time for his pension benefits, though he also had back problems and was playing for a terrible team.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I believe the Coyotes ALSO got hit with a $250k fine.

But the draft picks definitely make a hit to their prospect pool for the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad