Proposal: NHL Network --- Eichel & Dahlin FOR Hughes & Hischier

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
He's going to ask to be dealt

You understand he has no rights under his contract to demand to be traded. He can go to the KHL, if he feels like it. Sabres need to actually sell tickets -- dealing Eichel for peanuts would kill attendance.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I disagree...

I think Buffalo would do Eichel for Hughes and Hischier

Buffalo might do it because Hischier is signed for six years. Hughes has five more controlled years. I can see Sabres justifying a deal like this. Odds of either player being as good as Eichel are not great based on where they were at at same points in career. But both good with a shot Hughes gets to a higher level. Nico is not going to be as good as Eichel.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
You understand he has no rights under his contract to demand to be traded. He can go to the KHL, if he feels like it. Sabres need to actually sell tickets -- dealing Eichel for peanuts would kill attendance.

You act as tho no player under contract without right has never asked for a trade... they do, and they get dealt.. all I'm saying is if it does happen, Buffalo certainly isn't getting anywhere near Hughes + Hischier value in return. Whether it kills attendance or not

Last edited:
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Buffalo might do it because Hischier is signed for six years. Hughes has five more controlled years. I can see Sabres justifying a deal like this. Odds of either player being as good as Eichel are not great based on where they were at at same points in career. But both good with a shot Hughes gets to a higher level. Nico is not going to be as good as Eichel.

I don't see any team giving up a young player who has good odds of being as great as Eichel...

Although, Hughes could certainly reach that level

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
You act as tho no player under contract without right has never asked for a trade... they do, and they get dealt.. all I'm saying is if it does happen, Buffalo certainly isn't getting anywhere near Hughes + Hischier value in return. Whether it kills attendance or not

You're acting like those guys have proven anything in the NHL near Eichel. Why would you do a deal to make yourself worse. You never know what's in Pegulas head but this deal with Dahlin included is absurd to most neutral fans. Lawton was destroyed on twitter for it. It's hockey buzz dumbness.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
well, yes actually, but only as an 18 year old ...raise it to 19, and he drops out of the top 10

Actually, that's second in total points for a teenage defenseman in NHL history, so that includes his 18 and 19 year old seasons. Don't try to diminish an accomplishment like that.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You're acting like those guys have proven anything in the NHL near Eichel. Why would you do a deal to make yourself worse. You never know what's in Pegulas head but this deal with Dahlin included is absurd to most neutral fans. Lawton was destroyed on twitter for it. It's hockey buzz dumbness.

They have time to "prove as one is way younger then Eichel and the other has only played 132 games out of 246 the past three seasons.

If the deal makes the sabres worse then how come they are bellow the Devils in the standings? keep in mind that hischier has only played 5 games this year.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta

Ok lets look at Nico vs Eichel
since Nico only has 3 years under his belt, we'll only consider Eichel's first 3 years as well
Eichel had 73 goals and Nico had only 51
Eichel had 177 point and Nico had 135
Eichel was -54 and Nico was -6
Eichel went to the playoffs 0 times and Nico went once

Does 14 more points a season really get you a Jack Hughes throw in?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I doubt the Sabres would even consider trading Eichel for both Hughes and Hischier in a one for two deal. Adding Dahlin would make it one of the lopsided trades in NHL history.

The Sabres might be desperate, but they're not that desperate.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
since Nico only has 3 years under his belt, we'll only consider Eichel's first 3 years as well

What's so special about Hughes?

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Other than fact EICHEL has proven he can get to the next level. You have some assumption than Hischier has Eichel's already proven upside when there is no evidence to support that. He's a good player. He's not on Eichel's level. Go back to what Eichel did at college. Look at the development curve. Hughes is two years in. He has the upside based on his early pre NHL performance but two years in doubts creep in. (I will admit the same thing about Dahlin. His third year has damaged his value but I believe it's been 90% coaching. I'd never trade Dahlin, if I was Buffalo. Eichel's value is already embedded.)

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Other than fact EICHEL has proven he can get to the next level. You have some assumption than Hischier has Eichel's already proven upside when there is no evidence to support that. He's a good player. He's not on Eichel's level. Go back to what Eichel did at college. Look at the development curve. Hughes is two years in. He has the upside based on his early pre NHL performance but two years in doubts creep in. (I will admit the same thing about Dahlin. His third year has damaged his value but I believe it's been 90% coaching. I'd never trade Dahlin, if I was Buffalo. Eichel's value is already embedded.)

I agree EICHEL has proven he can get to another level... 14 more points a season's worth
and as long as that level isn't making the playoffs
I also feel like you're intentionally misunderstanding what I'm saying, I don't think this deal is anywhere near a good deal for either team, NJ would obviously be getting the better of this 2-2 trade, but Eichel for both isn't anywhere near fair value either

Last edited:

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
Neutral fan here.

Hughes + Hischier >> Eichel
Hughes + Hischier << Eichel + Dahlin

There is simply no fair trade scenario without balancing it with other pieces.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I agree EICHEL has proven he can get to another level... 14 more points a season's worth
and as long as that level isn't making the playoffs
I also feel like you're intentionally misunderstanding what I'm saying, I don't think this deal is anywhere near a good deal for either team, NJ would obviously be getting the better of this 2-2 trade, but Eichel for both isn't anywhere near fair value either
You think the Sabers not getting to the playoffs is on Eichel?

And Hischier can't even crack 60 point pace. Let's not even get into Hughes' offensive production...

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I think people are forgetting that Eichel, while being the most valuable player in this deal in a vacuum, is disgruntled in Buffalo.

If this season, that challenged records for all the wrong reasons, isn't enough for Eichel to demand out, then it's next year. Buffalo has little to no rope with Eichel. Even though Eichel's under contract for the next 5 years, if he does ask for a trade and Kevyn Adams denies him, he could sit out, and his value would tank every day he wasn't moved.

It's a different situation in New Jersey where both players are happy and the team is in a better place. I can guarantee you no other team in the league would come up with two better assets in an Eichel deal than Jack Hughes and Hischier.

The only thing is Dahlin. Of course Buffalo would want to hang onto the recent 1st overall pick but the way he's performed up until now, I don't see his value being higher than that of Hughes or Hischier.

I think this deal is actually as good as it would get for Buffalo. Of course you'd rather hang on to Dahlin and only move who you're forced but that's how deals go.

However, this is as unrealistic a deal as they come. Pure fantasy from my view.

Reactions: Patagonia

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
You think the Sabers not getting to the playoffs is on Eichel?

And Hischier can't even crack 60 point pace. Let's not even get into Hughes' offensive production...

Hischier hasn't craked 60 point a season yet.. he's been in the league for 3 full seasons, so let's not jump the gun here bud
Watch games and you'll see why Hughes was taken 1st overall, the stats aren't there but the skill certainly is

it also took Eichel until year 3 to crack 60 points

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Hischier hasn't craked 60 point a season yet.. he's been in the league for 3 full seasons, so let's not jump the gun here bud
Watch games and you'll see why Hughes was taken 1st overall, the stats aren't there but the skill certainly is

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hang on, this is hilariously bad
Value is something like: Eichel > Dahlin >> Hughes/Hischier

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Eichel or Dahlin individually is worth both NJD players. To combine both Sabres players is ridiculous.

Lol you can't be serious....Nico is heavily underrated here and Hughes in 2 to 3 years could flip this trade....Eichel at 10 million is crying in his beer instead of bucking up and leading the franchise not fair for Sabres fans...

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
LOL

Buffalo, even in the circumstances of this season, are laughing, nah, laughing hysterically, and say, ummmm, no.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Lol you can't be serious....Nico is heavily underrated here and Hughes in 2 to 3 years could flip this trade....Eichel at 10 million is crying in his beer instead of bucking up and leading the franchise not fair for Sabres fans...
Buffalo would have been a around a .500 hockey team before covid and the Eichel, Ullmark injuries. Yes, this proves their depth was inept, Sabres fans, should you have bothered to speak with them, already were aware of this. We've been howling about the goalie situation and the depth scenario long before the season started.
This package in this article? Not even close to what moves the meter for an Eichel/Dahlin package. I mean, come on now man, Dahlin was a 1st OA for a reason, Eichel's already proven why he's a 1st line center on a team in the NHL. This package is ridiculous.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think people are forgetting that Eichel, while being the most valuable player in this deal in a vacuum, is disgruntled in Buffalo.

If this season, that challenged records for all the wrong reasons, isn't enough for Eichel to demand out, then it's next year. Buffalo has little to no rope with Eichel. Even though Eichel's under contract for the next 5 years, if he does ask for a trade and Kevyn Adams denies him, he could sit out, and his value would tank every day he wasn't moved.

It's a different situation in New Jersey where both players are happy and the team is in a better place. I can guarantee you no other team in the league would come up with two better assets in an Eichel deal than Jack Hughes and Hischier.

The only thing is Dahlin. Of course Buffalo would want to hang onto the recent 1st overall pick but the way he's performed up until now, I don't see his value being higher than that of Hughes or Hischier.

I think this deal is actually as good as it would get for Buffalo. Of course you'd rather hang on to Dahlin and only move who you're forced but that's how deals go.

However, this is as unrealistic a deal as they come. Pure fantasy from my view.
Well this is just wrong.

Dahlin is untouchable. The guy is only 20 years old and looks great after we fired from the idiot coach. He's our future #1 D.

Eichel's situation is a different matter, but he hasn't asked for a trade so far and I'm not sure what he will ask for. Even if our GM needs to trade him, Dahlin will definitely not be added to the deal.

Reactions: GOALOFSSON

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Underated? Hischer is not even considered among the top 3 in a redraft EP/Makar/Heiskanen. Hughes had The WORST 1st Overall Rookie Season In 20 YEARS. Eichel without any support is the 2nd highest scorer in his draft year behind McDavid.

Eichel career scoring average is 0.95 points/game over 6 seasons. Combined careers of Hischer (0.65) + Hughes (0.39) equals 1.04 points/game. NJD players are only comparable when they're combined.

Remove your personal opinions, facts support Eichel value is equivalent to both NJD players.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad