Proposal: NHL Network --- Eichel & Dahlin FOR Hughes & Hischier

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
*There*

Allow me to demonstrate for your knowledge.

You're just like all the other Devils fans over there in NJ, overrating their players, because they're not as good as Eichel/Dahlin.

Hilarious, I called you out about not being able to differentiate between two different subjects and your comeback is a knock at my spelling? I suggest a time out if you are that mad.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Dahlin has averaged 40 points a season, (including 40 as an 18 year old blueliner, which is absolutely unheard of ) he also had 40 points in 51 games last year which prorated would have been 78 points as a 19 year old. Dude is all kinds of talented at least offensively, at such a young age. I'd hardly call that inconsistent. His problem seems to be in his own end, which given his age can absolutely improve.

Hughes has been nothing but underwhelming since coming in (a small sample size from this year does not negate that)

The two players are not comparable in the least.

No I don't actually, Hall was and is a locker room cancer, we heard a lot about this when he was with Edmonton, he also is a winger (less important position), and by all accounts had none of the intangibles that Eichel has.

Why doesn't Hughes get the benefit of the doubt? Dahlin will improve but Hughes issues can't be ignored with small sample size? Whatever. In any event, I don't really care and Dahlin being better now than Hughes is not an issue as I see it and has nothing to do with how I'd see this trade.

OK, if Hall was a cancer, still doesn't negate what NJ went through with him. Also doesn't negate what NJ went though watching Lamoriello patch the team into irrelevancy. NJ had a big win in a trade, scrambled to build around him to pacify his desire to win and abject failure followed. Why repeat that again?

As an aside, let's see how Eichel gets evaluated in Buffalo if he demands a trade and leaves. My guess is his intangibles will dry up. For a real world example, look at Anthony Davis in New Orleans. One of the top few players in the NBA. Said and did all the right things until he wanted out because the team wasn't good enough. A bad small market team trading for him would never have worked out. He wouldn't even agree to stay in New Orleans to play with Zion Williamson. He had to go to LA or NY or wherever.

Maybe a better discussion would be to trade Kakko and Lafreniere and another young top player for Eichel and Dahlin. I think the Rangers would improve enough with Eichel to make it work.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
*There*

Allow me to demonstrate for your knowledge.

You're just like all the other Devils fans over there in NJ, overrating their players, because they're not as good as Eichel/Dahlin.

Grow up dude, you know you've lost an argument when you have to resort to spelling and grammar.
I haven't seen many Devil fans on her saying either Nico or Hughes are best player in this trade, simply that they'd prefer to stick with the players they have. I'm a Devils fan living in Canada and I'll gladly admit that Eichel is the best player in this trade, but I'd still say no because it's silly, and in no way believable as a trade that could or would ever even be discussed let alone completed

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You really try to divorce things from context and reality don't you? Note my use of "in some ways" and if you actually care, see my explanation in the post two above yours.
Trading Hall for Larsson isn't remotely similar. Your entire argument is assuming that if this trade happens that your GM will then sign/trade for a bunch of overpaid bad hockey players because Eichel will force him to. That's entirely made up and you have no idea if that would happen. All you know is that you recieve a franchise level #1C for the next 5 years minimum and one of the top young D in the world for tso underwhelming young players so far. There is no chance in the world that NJ would turn this down.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Please read what I’ve already said about Devils on the upswing Buffalo remaining in limbo. Thanks for your terrific contributions to this convo
So if NJ is on such an upswing, I'm sure they would love to get two vastly better players around the same age... You're just contradicting yourself now

My3Sons

Sponsor
Trading Hall for Larsson isn't remotely similar. Your entire argument is assuming that if this trade happens that your GM will then sign/trade for a bunch of overpaid bad hockey players because Eichel will force him to. That's entirely made up and you have no idea if that would happen. All you know is that you recieve a franchise level #1C for the next 5 years minimum and one of the top young D in the world for tso underwhelming young players so far. There is no chance in the world that NJ would turn this down.

This whole thing is made up. You don't know if Eichel threatens to retire rather than go to NJ. You can't prove he wouldn't. This is all just a made up discussion that would never happen in reality so maybe we just move on with our lives. I never said NJ would turn it down. I said if they said yes to this trade they'd screw it up and you haven't made any point to show they wouldn't screw it up. We won't bridge the gap because we aren't talking about the same thing. I think we are done here.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
So if NJ is on such an upswing, I'm sure they would love to get two vastly better players around the same age... You're just contradicting yourself now
Jesus dude just stop. You’re so painfully bad at this it hurts. Anyone with a brain knows what I’m saying. Either you’re a troll or one of the most pathetic “fans” of the game of all time

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Grow up dude, you know you've lost an argument when you have to resort to spelling and grammar.
I haven't seen many Devil fans on her saying either Nico or Hughes are best player in this trade, simply that they'd prefer to stick with the players they have. I'm a Devils fan living in Canada and I'll gladly admit that Eichel is the best player in this trade, but I'd still say no because it's silly, and in no way believable as a trade that could or would ever even be discussed let alone completed
I agree, once you resort to spelling/reading/grammar/insults you've lost the argument. Which means we're in agreement that your fellow NJ fans lost when they were the ones who initiated this line of argument against nbwingsfan, right?

But it's fair game and encouraged to respond in kind when your debate opponent opens the door to those kinds of arguments first.

Your guys started the insults/reading/spelling/grammar argument, so they already lost, but on top of it they put their own lack of comprehension when it comes to 4th grade spelling/grammar on full display. I merely pointed it out. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

You do know their is a difference between being able to spell and being able to read?:skeptic:
You’re reading comprehension skills are sub par at best so let me attempt sum it up for you in the most basic terms I can think of to try and help you out. Hughes and Hischier like playing in NJ. Eichel is unhappy losing. Devils rebuild on the upswing, but are still losing. Trading two rising players on a rebuilding team for a better player who has made it clear he is tired of losing and could demand a trade to a better team soon is stupid. Devils risk losing Hughes Hischier and then Eichel as well when he demands out from a rebuilding team. Dahlin while good is not needed. Smith actually has more points and a better +/- than him currently. So while Dahlin would take over that number 1 spot it’s not such a massive upgrade that I’m willing to risk losing Hughes Hischier and Eichel for. Does that help at all or are you still just lost

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I agree, once you resort to spelling/reading/grammar/insults you've lost the argument. Which means we're in agreement that your fellow NJ fans lost when they were the ones who initiated this line of argument against nbawingsfan, right?

But it's fair game and encouraged to respond in kind when your debate opponent opens the door to those kinds of arguments first.

Your guys started the insults/reading/spelling/grammar argument, so they already lost, but on top of it they put their own lack of comprehension when it comes to 4th grade spelling/grammar on full display. I merely pointed it out. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Fair enough, I truly don't understand why this thread is even still open, the trade is terrible, neither teams fans would be happy if it happened (which it never would) and has become nothing more than "fans" slandering each others players

Reactions: Dialamo

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Why doesn't Hughes get the benefit of the doubt? Dahlin will improve but Hughes issues can't be ignored with small sample size? Whatever. In any event, I don't really care and Dahlin being better now than Hughes is not an issue as I see it and has nothing to do with how I'd see this trade.

OK, if Hall was a cancer, still doesn't negate what NJ went through with him. Also doesn't negate what NJ went though watching Lamoriello patch the team into irrelevancy. NJ had a big win in a trade, scrambled to build around him to pacify his desire to win and abject failure followed. Why repeat that again?

As an aside, let's see how Eichel gets evaluated in Buffalo if he demands a trade and leaves. My guess is his intangibles will dry up. For a real world example, look at Anthony Davis in New Orleans. One of the top few players in the NBA. Said and did all the right things until he wanted out because the team wasn't good enough. A bad small market team trading for him would never have worked out. He wouldn't even agree to stay in New Orleans to play with Zion Williamson. He had to go to LA or NY or wherever.

Maybe a better discussion would be to trade Kakko and Lafreniere and another young top player for Eichel and Dahlin. I think the Rangers would improve enough with Eichel to make it work.

Uhhh because Dahlin has proven something at an NHL level, and Hughes hasn't, I'm sorry did I not make that clear? It absolutely is an issue, how the hell could it not be?

He was and is.

No but Hall had a history of a bad attitude, far as I can tell Eichel hasn't, so other then being superstars, there is no comparable here.

Horrible example, basketball is far more of an individual sport than hockey, you see players controlling the narrative of what teams can and can't do there wy more.

Don't know if that would be enough.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
but Eichel >Pettersson and Dahlin project to be >Hughes. It's almost like you'd just keep your own players rather than make a ridiculous trade

My own players both had stellar rookie seasons, and neither left a bunch of doubt if they would live up to expectations. Both weren't 1st OA picks either.

Can you say the same about yours?

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
My own players both had stellar rookie seasons, and neither left a bunch of doubt if they would live up to expectations. Both weren't 1st OA picks either.

Can you say the same about yours?

EP is injury prone and QH can't play D
I'm done talking about this, its a stupid trade that would never happen

My3Sons

Sponsor
Uhhh because Dahlin has proven something at an NHL level, and Hughes hasn't, I'm sorry did I not make that clear? It absolutely is an issue, how the hell could it not be?

He was and is.

No but Hall had a history of a bad attitude, far as I can tell Eichel hasn't, so other then being superstars, there is no comparable here.

Horrible example, basketball is far more of an individual sport than hockey, you see players controlling the narrative of what teams can and can't do there wy more.

Don't know if that would be enough.

Whatever. I don't even know what your point is. Here's mine. If NJ does this deal they win the trade every bit as big as you say. Congratulations, you are correct on that. It won't make the team much better and Eichel will bail quickly. They will make stupid moves to try to be better faster that won't work and they will be right back here where they are right now in about five years after they've cleared out the bad trades and contracts they acquired to placate their star. That's it. Beyond that I don't care about who is better than who or whether NJ says yes. If they do they'd screw it up. They've screwed it up twice before and both times it cost the GM his job. If your point is that they say yes anyway, then fine. I don't care. I'm not arguing whether they'd say yes. Those who don't learn from history.....yada...yada...yada

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
but Eichel >Pettersson and Dahlin project to be >Hughes. It's almost like you'd just keep your own players rather than make a ridiculous trade
It would make sense for Van and Buff to want to hold on to their own players in that deal as the value difference between them isn't all that large right now. It does not make sense for the Devils, everyone except for Devil's fans are in agreement that right now, Eichel and Dahlin have way more value than Hischier + Hughes.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
I agree, once you resort to spelling/reading/grammar/insults you've lost the argument. Which means we're in agreement that your fellow NJ fans lost when they were the ones who initiated this line of argument against nbwingsfan, right?

TLDR

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
EP is injury prone and QH can't play D
I'm done talking about this, its a stupid trade that would never happen

EP has had one big injury, so no, not injury prone. QH while still putting up points is struggling to play in his own end this year, yep, but notice how he has proven something at least?

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
It would make sense for Van and Buff to want to hold on to their own players in that deal as the value difference between them isn't all that large right now. It does not make sense for the Devils, everyone except for Devil's fans are in agreement that right now, Eichel and Dahlin have way more value than Hischier + Hughes.

I'm not arguing value here, I've said numerous times that the Devils are getting the better value here, all I'm saying is they wouldn't do it
They wouldn't do it because it's stupid. You don't trade young players that want to be on your team

Now if this trade was offered to me on EA, I'd accept it as would most everyone else as I'd be trading fake humans

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
EP has had one big injury, so no, not injury prone. QH while still putting up points is struggling to play in his own end this year, yep, but notice how he has proven something at least?
EP has missed games in every season, guess he was just taking days off

I do find it odd that you won't just admit that you'd be getting better value and their players are better and accept this trade

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
EP has missed games in every season, guess he was just taking days off

I do find it odd that you won't just admit that you'd be getting better value and their players are better and accept this trade

Funny I thought you were done talking about this?

Injury prone means missing more than a few games a year bud, so again, only one big injury, that doesn't make him injury prone.

As for your point:

Eichel right now is better then EP, but EP has at least proven something and has continued on his trajectory since being drafted. Neither Hischier nor Hughes can say the same.

Dahlin and Hughes are a wash, so trading either for each other is pointless.

I find it odd that you can't seem to understand that.

Reactions: BFLO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad