NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE TEN! Part ONE!

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Related: I'm hearing word that Mark Stone wants out of Honolulu. Apparently, he's unhappy with the direction of the franchise after the Blueberry pick, as he feels [RANCH] is a far superior fruit. As for a possible landing spot, my sources indicate that Stone has his heart set on the Garden State. Stayed tuned.
Fake news, no one actually chooses to live and work in New Jersey

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Let's see if I can manage to send only one post on the subway. Probably not!

JimmyCliffTheHarderTheyComealbumcover.jpg

Both the film and soundtrack to The Harder They Come were the marked beginning of bringing Jamaica and reggae into popular Western culture.

Jimmy Cliff both starred in the movie and wrote the titular song, which you've probably heard. You've also got giants of the First Wave like Toots & The Maytals and Desmond Dekker. Even the lesser-known songs are ones with which you might know in other ways. For example, "Rivers of Babylon" was covered by both Boney M., who made it into one of the best selling singles in UK history, and then by Sublime on one of the most important albums of the 90s, 40 Oz. To Freedom.

@FlyTimmo There is no escaping me.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Let's see if I can manage to send only one post on the subway. Probably not!

JimmyCliffTheHarderTheyComealbumcover.jpg

Both the film and soundtrack to The Harder They Come were the marked beginning of bringing Jamaica and reggae into popular Western culture.

Jimmy Cliff both starred in the movie and wrote the titular song, which you've probably heard. You've also got giants of the First Wave like Toots & The Maytals and Desmond Dekker. Even the lesser-known songs are ones with which you might know in other ways. For example, "Rivers of Babylon" was covered by both Boney M., who made it into one of the best selling singles in UK history, and then by Sublime on one of the most important albums of the 90s, 40 Oz. To Freedom.

@FlyTimmo There is no escaping me.
Pressure Drop. Great song by Toots

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I want everyone to take note of something, and I am being serious here. Copperheads are known to be found in blueberry brambles, so be careful if you go picking or something. Those f***ers are sneaky and evil as shit. They love nothing better than to attack human beings.

The (in)continent is counting on you, Cap'n, to import copperhead-destroying mongooses so we can safely pick these jewels of the berry family.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
We have to get this pick in immediately!

For Official Team Director, the NJFZ are thrilled to select Les Freres Coen.

BbHg.gif

Now, I realize that this is technically two people, but I ask that a special exemption be granted given their unique symbiotic relationship. If we must, we'll of course give Joel the Director credit.

@GKJ, do your worst

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
This selection is an absolute must for the Sexpos. I have mentioned this spot many times on this board, and now we can pounce and make it our own. While this spot makes an excellent standard round pie and every menu item is top notch, the pièce de résistance here is a thin crust square pie with extra garlic in the sauce. It is exquisite, and I still can't find anything quite like it.

angelos%2Blogo.jpg

Screen+Shot+2019-04-11+at+11.21.36+AM.png

Team Pizza - Angelo's Pizzeria - Grandma Pie with pepperoni, hot sausage, and black olives

You go now @Hollywood Couturier

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
This selection is an absolute must for the Sexpos. I have mentioned this spot many times on this board, and now we can pounce and make it our own. While this spot makes an excellent standard round pie and every menu item is top notch, the pièce de résistance here is a thin crust square pie with extra garlic in the sauce. It is exquisite, and I still can't find anything quite like it.

angelos%2Blogo.jpg

Screen+Shot+2019-04-11+at+11.21.36+AM.png

Team Pizza - Angelo's Pizzeria - Grandma Pie with pepperoni, hot sausage, and black olives

You go now @Hollywood Couturier
f***, now I’m seriously hungry.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are proud to select as our chef someone that is not only a chef but also a mayor... we're talking of course about the Mayor of Flavortown, Guy Fieri.

1960x0.jpg

I mean just look at him. If that look doesn't scream first round pick I don't know know what does.

P.S.

EK0Fo75WwAAwywZ

@pit you're up my guy.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
5a954c0508740.image.jpg

GM Doug: Draft done. Time to get the funk out of dodge.

upload_2021-6-16_12-44-25.png

Chicken Judge Judy: BuuKAW.
GM Doug: What do you mean there's another phase? I just drafted a whole current roster and legend roster. What the hell is left?
CJJ: BUUKAW!
GM Doug: Oh god damn it. And to hell with you Chicken Judge Judy. Ok, let's take a look at this category list. Huh, couple food options, not bad, not bad. Hmm, that one's got limited options. That one I want some versatility for. Yep, that's the one I need to get on. Not seeing a duplicate but it's a hard list to search so I'll have to wing thi-
CJJ: BUUKAW! BUUKAW!
GM Doug: I swear to god you're going to end up in some Chipotle tacos at this rate. You're worse than...no, not going to say it or he'll show up.

The Chicago Chimpanzees are pleased...well, honestly, I'm not pleased with any of this right now, but we think we're making a good choice in choosing Martin Scorsese as team director.

giphy.gif

There's no way I'm going to the Quackverse and not be able to watch Goodfellas. Fuhgeddaboutit!
CJJ: Bukaw.
GM Doug: Mickey Blue Eyes? What? No, that's Goodfellas. Look chicken, tacos. You, me, some tortilla.

Anyway, @Captain Dave Poulin is getting ready. He's a funny guy.
images

GM Doug: Aw crap.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Interestingly, this just came up in the book I was listening to on my drive.

People do like to exaggerate. "Smelliest fruit in the world".. "The texture is like eating a dead rodent"... "Trouba is worth Frost, Sanheim and a 1st"...

I was lucky enough to try one. It did kind of smell like actual garbage, but the taste was pretty nice. It was creamy, pretty mild and had a little bit of mango flavor.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
e04664566f6f3112c2e1c40c74ec2877.gif

What?

200.gif

Oh.

AbsoluteSafeJackal-max-1mb.gif

One of three I could have chosen for this. I picked Tarantino last phase with no idea we would be doing this category, even though it was my idea, and he is one of the three. Ultimately Quentin and this guy are as close to my sensibilities as it is possible to get. I can't say why at the moment without endangering future selections. Instead, I'll try to order his films by personal preference.

1. The Royal Tenenbaums
2. Bottle Rocket
3. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
4. Moonrise Kingdom
5. The Grand Budapest Hotel
6. Rushmore
7. The Darjeeling Limited
8. Isle of Dogs

I haven't seen "The French Dispatch" or "Fantastic Mr. Fox" yet, but I know for a fact that I will like them more than "Isle of Dogs."

He dresses like PantsareDancing, but despite that, he rules.

maxresdefault.jpg

Team Film Director - Wes Anderson

@Striiker

tumblr_mifh1bUu9A1rxuv7ko1_500.gif

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

What?

200.gif

Oh.

One of three I could have chosen for this. I picked Tarantino last phase with no idea we would be doing this category, even though it was my idea, and he is one of the three. Ultimately Quentin and this guy are as close to my sensibilities as it is possible to get. I can't say why at the moment without endangering future selections. Instead, I'll try to order his films by personal preference.

1. The Royal Tenenbaums
2. Bottle Rocket
4. Moonrise Kingdom
6. Rushmore
8. Isle of Dogs

I haven't seen "The French Dispatch" or "Fantastic Mr. Fox" yet, but I know for a fact that I will like them more than "Isle of Dogs."

maxresdefault.jpg

@Striiker

Excellent pick.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

What?

200.gif

Oh.

1. The Royal Tenenbaums
2. Bottle Rocket
4. Moonrise Kingdom
6. Rushmore
8. Isle of Dogs

maxresdefault.jpg

@Striiker

Looks like a handsome guy to me.

Fantastic Mr Fox is great btw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad