NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SIX! Part Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I'm back on the grid. Had to get a therapy session in this weekend.

gMsFmcb.jpg

After being horrifically attacked by @BernieParent when he took the Expos as his defunct sports team, I had a moment of clarity amidst my blinding rage. I need to go deeper. I was thinking far too obvious with this category. I now have sir Bernie to thank for that defining moment. By ripping my heart out and stomping it repeatedly into loosely packed gravel, he allowed me to discover the perfect defunct sports team for the Sexpos. Thank you Bernie. Perfect reason #1: they were a minor league affiliate of our beloved Montreal Expos. Perfect reason #2: *wink wink, nudge nudge*.

Polecats%20Picture.JPG

Team Defunct Sports Team - Albany Polecats
Surprisingly this is better. Yet at the same time, I’m glad you were sniped.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

gMsFmcb.jpg

After being horrifically attacked by @BernieParent when he took the Expos as his defunct sports team, I had a moment of clarity amidst my blinding rage. I need to go deeper. I was thinking far too obvious with this category. I now have sir Bernie to thank for that defining moment. By ripping my heart out and stomping it repeatedly into loosely packed gravel, he allowed me to discover the perfect defunct sports team for the Sexpos. Thank you Bernie. Perfect reason #1: they were a minor league affiliate of our beloved Montreal Expos. Perfect reason #2: *wink wink, nudge nudge*.

Polecats%20Picture.JPG

I’m guesstimating that’s 14” mouth to tail. Nice catch.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
You know you have to share the “after” in the menu thread right.
I actually haven't kept one in over 10 years now. I'd rather catch them again later (and have) instead of eating them. I just buy the farm raised trout when I get hungry. These fish are basically my pets and we fight each other every now and then.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I actually haven't kept one in over 10 years now. I'd rather catch them again later (and have) instead of eating them. I just buy the farm raised trout when I get hungry. These fish are basically my pets and we fight each other every now and then.
Do you have your own personal pond to fish from? Otherwise how do you know their “yours”. I’m not sure where in the country you life in, but they don’t grow that big near me. Your lucky to get a 5” sunny in most parts.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Do you have your own personal pond to fish from? Otherwise how do you know their “yours”. I’m not sure where in the country you life in, but they don’t grow that big near me. Your lucky to get a 5” sunny in most parts.
Not my own personal pond :laugh:, just a family of rivers (The Upper Delaware River system) that I frequently fish and have been for 16 years and counting. Trout (especially brown trout) are super territorial so they'll hang around the same location for years sometimes. Their spots are unique just like fingerprints so we can easily compare the markings from previous photos and ID them.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

gMsFmcb.jpg

Polecats%20Picture.JPG

iu

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
OK then I want you to tell me why the Flyers are not a defunct franchise.

It's not that they aren't defunct - it's that they were chosen by the Pain in the Non-Defunct category, and since we have chosen not to dismantle those franchises, the Law of No Duplicates applies. It was a good thought, but sadly, you must broaden your perspective and choose something else.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's not that they aren't defunct - it's that they were chosen by the Pain in the Non-Defunct category, and since we have chosen not to dismantle those franchises, the Law of No Duplicates applies. It was a good thought, but sadly, you must broaden your perspective and choose something else.
Damn ok

1 sec

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Ooh, forgot that they were actually chosen previously. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad