NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SIX! Part Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
As we noted when we announced our team musician, the Los Angeles area is rife with musical talent through the generations. Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick more than one album? Alas, it is not (currently) to be. And so, we scoured the annals of musical history to find just the right album. God only knows how many we had to look at before we settled on this one. In a way, it was kind of serendipitous that we announced our beach roller hockey club just a few picks ago, as the artists which recorded this album are from nearby. Few bands are as synonymous with the 60s, and especially California in the early days of rock 'n roll. As an aside, few bands had as much influence on young me's musical tastes, either - I just wasn't made for these times, and they remain one of my favorites. So we are pleased to announce our team album, from a band out of Hawthorne, Los Angeles County, California:

PetSoundsCover.jpg

@mja
Excellent choice.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
As we noted when we announced our team musician, the Los Angeles area is rife with musical talent through the generations. Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick more than one album? Alas, it is not (currently) to be. And so, we scoured the annals of musical history to find just the right album. God only knows how many we had to look at before we settled on this one. In a way, it was kind of serendipitous that we announced our beach roller hockey club just a few picks ago, as the artists which recorded this album are from nearby. Few bands are as synonymous with the 60s, and especially California in the early days of rock 'n roll. As an aside, few bands had as much influence on young me's musical tastes, either - I just wasn't made for these times, and they remain one of my favorites. So we are pleased to announce our team album, from a band out of Hawthorne, Los Angeles County, California:

PetSoundsCover.jpg

@mja

You can’t exactly go wrong picking the best album ever made.

(Best is not favorite. Different things.)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Pro Beach Hockey, you say? The Ghibli are from Honolulu, Hawaii. We ARE Pro Beach Hockey.

With our wealth of beachfront possibilities, one particular beach stands out as a chance to meld the sandy and the thematic: Waikiki Beach.

waikiki-things-to-do_1200_820_85_s_c1_c_c_0_0.jpg

The Honolulu Ghibli welcome our PBH affiliate, the "Waikiki Delivery Service," to the Ghibli family (colors: purple/red).

Our logo(s):

TRWfPsh.png

13pYGXp.jpg

@GKJ -- oh, hi

Excellent word play!

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

I have very, very few albums that I will listen to in their entirety in one sitting. Which is funny considering how much I enjoy singing. But there's something about the instrumentation and vocals that makes it hard for me to turn this one off.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

I disagree but can't argue. I say Sgt Pepper.

The obvious rebuttal is "you wouldn't have Sgt Pepper without Pet Sounds". Which I is why I can't argue. However, my rejoinder is Sgt Pepper took what Pet Sounds did and took it into another galaxy innovation-wise between the "live music", the cutting up the tape and taping it back together in Mr Kite, to a string symphony in She's Leaving Home, to the Indian music, to A Day in the Life.

I would never die on this hill though. If someone goes with Pet Sounds, you get a cap tip from me because I get it

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

The obvious rebuttal is "you wouldn't have Sgt Pepper without Pet Sounds". Which I is why I can't argue. However, my rejoinder is Sgt Pepper took what Pet Sounds did and took it into another galaxy innovation-wise between the "live music", the cutting up the tape and taping it back together in Mr Kite, to a string symphony in She's Leaving Home, to the Indian music, to A Day in the Life.

I would never die on this hill though. If someone goes with Pet Sounds, you get a cap tip from me because I get it

What does this have to do with Seth Jones?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Yeah, I just love them both to death.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I wouldn't argue with your choice either. I'm just a sucker for harmonies and they're utterly flawless. There's no amount of thinking or analysis I will ever dream up to top them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad