NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SIX! Part Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You're not a boomer

BountifulElderlyCusimanse-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Striiker and BiggE

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
When your team musician is PRINCE, you have no choice but to let His Royal Purpleness choose the Team Album.

Prince is way too cool to pick his own music, despite several masterpieces among his discography (Purple Rain, Sign O' The Times, 1999, Controversy to name a few).

Everyone knows Prince had legendary parties for the better part of 2 decades. When he did he would often point to a crate of P-Funk albums and say to the DJ, "Here, play these" before dissapearing into the sea of bodies.

That all said, the PORTLAND FOG TEAM ALBUM

FUNKADELIC - ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE

Funkadelic_-_One_Nation_Under_a_Groove.jpg

Maggot Brain is too obvious and like Prince, I think One Nation is superior.

@BernieParent do it to it my man

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I left this category for last because I know nothing about PBH and originally thought we had to pick actual teams that played in this league. Now that it is apparent (?) we can make up anything as long as the city isn't Indianapolis, I think I'm ready.

"The Tampa Bay FireSticks are pleased to announce the development of their franchise entry in the Pro Beach Hockey League: the Galveston Smite. Colours are neon blue, silver, and white."

iu

And a logo:
Jv9JW68.png

Hope I did that right. Onto @Magua.

(Edited to add image and logo, just to be like the cool kids.)

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Pro Beach Hockey, you say? The Ghibli are from Honolulu, Hawaii. We ARE Pro Beach Hockey.

With our wealth of beachfront possibilities, one particular beach stands out as a chance to meld the sandy and the thematic: Waikiki Beach.

waikiki-things-to-do_1200_820_85_s_c1_c_c_0_0.jpg

The Honolulu Ghibli welcome our PBH affiliate, the "Waikiki Delivery Service," to the Ghibli family (colors: purple/red).

Our logo(s):

TRWfPsh.png

13pYGXp.jpg

@GKJ -- oh, hi

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
As we noted when we announced our team musician, the Los Angeles area is rife with musical talent through the generations. Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick more than one album? Alas, it is not (currently) to be. And so, we scoured the annals of musical history to find just the right album. God only knows how many we had to look at before we settled on this one. In a way, it was kind of serendipitous that we announced our beach roller hockey club just a few picks ago, as the artists which recorded this album are from nearby. Few bands are as synonymous with the 60s, and especially California in the early days of rock 'n roll. As an aside, few bands had as much influence on young me's musical tastes, either - I just wasn't made for these times, and they remain one of my favorites. So we are pleased to announce our team album, from a band out of Hawthorne, Los Angeles County, California:

PetSoundsCover.jpg

@mja

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
As we noted when we announced our team musician, the Los Angeles area is rife with musical talent through the generations. Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick more than one album? Alas, it is not (currently) to be. And so, we scoured the annals of musical history to find just the right album. God only knows how many we had to look at before we settled on this one. In a way, it was kind of serendipitous that we announced our beach roller hockey club just a few picks ago, as the artists which recorded this album are from nearby. Few bands are as synonymous with the 60s, and especially California in the early days of rock 'n roll. As an aside, few bands had as much influence on young me's musical tastes, either - I just wasn't made for these times, and they remain one of my favorites. So we are pleased to announce our team album, from a band out of Hawthorne, Los Angeles County, California:

PetSoundsCover.jpg

@mja

Y'all are killing the album selections. Except for @Lord Defect that is.

Edit: Also, I'll lend you some hot sauce if you can let me listen to God Only Knows every once in a while.

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
It’s finally time to pick a goalie! As we scanned the list of still-available goaltenders, we were very surprised to see that this player hadn’t yet been picked as he’s as legit a 1a as there is, and we don’t think he’s on the M.A.D. Cats’ radar either, as they have their own internal cap and he makes quite a bit of coin. NJFZ starter Vasilevskiy is quite pleased with the club selecting his fellow countryman, someone he can trust with some starts and finally catch a breather. NJFZ HC Barry Trotz is also pleased to bring along his Earth Prime veteran 1a starter.

LKV-OF30u1Xqxfgx8VA5jdCsSlwMuYnN9zPBINZ5Bfl2oa5ionCW24bfPvLE9r-dHHqVjGtzcj9W1Rm9vOdhjcmAqwwTiZGv11t4Y1RvuGbdy6gkLFQME9Ch-hjT4B-VPGCxAKuD

The NJFZ select Semyon Varlamov as back-up goalie to give the F’ing Zeppelins an incredibly expensive Russian V-2 in net. Quackverse Number 1 tandem with a rocket!

Varly also knows a thing or two about life’s bitter bungee cord of disaster and disappointment, making him a perfect Zeppelin.

GYRoFLe8hoGOHhH5FGfGkYIQnfraeMByg-Lir1X5xyAQn1m-rVJQMu0dSa9M8MzA3GmigD45w8CQ8kE53hOsj1uXQPSr4hNHKasfWN73iFfY9m5eszqg4kKTHfkwSzAl8DCeg2yb

RYCMs9yFkDjfmG8EwYqnDCPBCf1G1jm95Jzi56OSQI89tc3H6R0O7VAyRLU9VMt4hn6KvCVdhu4p2cl2e74aEXCm8lOtLqTzRsvPVXKRVBRIuYDEibN1Yc4xXm2YropHZydz_Dbv

0gZKaroDKleVokhDeZ5psd1unbHMjh3KGdQJn25pXucX_h_Vx7ky9NB6Gi36z2_KhfMCbvBvSoGdeA5Ysh3oQNRHcrzx0k7VzwTgze2zCRqMgsE06eiIy-3ZZ1liIA891en4jacc

@JojoTheWhale, it's time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad